Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Left eye dominant shooting a right handed bow >

Left eye dominant shooting a right handed bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Left eye dominant shooting a right handed bow

Old 04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Left eye dominant shooting a right handed bow

I switched to lefty and am very glad I did. Had to re-learn with better form and shoot much better now. Only took a couple hundred arrows to start feeling comfortable.

I still shoot guns and play sports right handed and I wouldn't worry about switching everything.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

JMO if you want to switch to left handed shooting, switch everything you do to left handed - and that means EVERYTHING from shooting guns that way to throwing a ball to pouring a cup of coffee .... see, its my opinion that your MIND has compensates, adjusted and coordinated the way you do everything left eye dominant and right handed ......... why change only one thing you do to the other way?

Some people swear by it ....... me? I shoot traditional but whenI did shoot compounds i was strong left eye dominant, shot right handed, peep, both eyesopened.

Closing an eye and you lose depth perception, clarity and field of view.

You are the first.

I switched to lefty and am very glad I did. Had to re-learn with better form and shoot much better now. Only took a couple hundred arrows to start feeling comfortable.

I still shoot guns and play sports right handed and I wouldn't worry about switching everything.
Exactly what I did....and my thoughts exactly.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Typical Buck

I am right handed and my right eye is about 20-80 non correctable. I shoot a left bow with good accuarcy, but I have been shooting guns and bows left for almost 40 years. If I have to, I can get a arrow in the killzone right handed out to about 25 yards. I just don't want to try it on a live animal.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Banned

You are the first.
no, I'm not, and I'll tell you something - I think being cross dominant made me a BETTER compounder becauseI had to focus more on what I was doing
Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 AM

my son wants a bow a compound bow he writes with his left hand, but he throws a ball with his right hand. it is hard for me to find out if he left eye dominant or right eye dominant. he is only 7 years old.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am left eye dominat and and sho a right hand bow
Old 04-09-2009, 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

I am left eye dominat and and sho a right hand bow
do you shoot with both eyes open?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: malieto

my son wants a bow a compound bow he writes with his left hand, but he throws a ball with his right hand. it is hard for me to find out if he left eye dominant or right eye dominant. he is only 7 years old.
check this site out http://www.archeryweb.com/archery/eyedom.htm
Old 04-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are the first.
no, I'm not, and I'll tell you something - I think being cross dominant made me a BETTER compounder becauseI had to focus more on what I was doing
I sincerely doubt it. If you did shoot as you did, then I would bet you are not "strong" left eye dominant.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

JMO if you want to switch to left handed shooting, switch everything you do to left handed - and that means EVERYTHING from shooting guns that way to throwing a ball to pouring a cup of coffee .... see, its my opinion that your MIND has compensates, adjusted and coordinated the way you do everything left eye dominant and right handed ......... why change only one thing you do to the other way?
Plain silly. I'm left handed but right eye dominant. I shoot a gun and bow right handed. I also reel a fishing pole like a righty would.

If I was you I would make the switch to left handed shooting. If you truely are left eye dominant you will be suprised how quick it will become natural to shoot left handed. Your body and brain will adjust rather quick.

Quick Reply: Left eye dominant shooting a right handed bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.