Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot some bows this weekend! My feelings.... >

Shot some bows this weekend! My feelings....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot some bows this weekend! My feelings....

Old 04-06-2009, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Shot some bows this weekend! My feelings....

I drew the carnivore the other night at bass pro. I was not happy with the draw at all. My guardian is way smoother. Don't forget to check elite's lineup out. They are sweet.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I drew the carnivore the other night at bass pro. I was not happy with the draw at all. My guardian is way smoother. Don't forget to check elite's lineup out. They are sweet.
Actually I think im going to do that I just checked and theres an elite dealer about 14 miles from my house! Wednesday sounds good haha I dont know a whole lot about them though but ill definately look into it some more!

Anyone have any input on the Elites as compared to AM32 or black ice? (im not asking what is best just similarities/differences and maybe features...that sorta thing )
Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would also take a look at an Elite GT 500. I have shot this bow and am waiting to shoot an Air Raid myself..

Shane
Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Y did u not shot a pse
Old 04-09-2009, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Sounds like you had a fun day. (Any day that involves shooting bows is a good one)

However im waiting for the air raid and the alien x before I make up my mind So that wraps up my live story haha
From everything I've heard, this may be the smartest thing you could do. I took the plunge and ordered one sight unseen.
Now Ben, the guy is telling about an INTELLIGENT day of shooting, and states he's gonna wait to shoot a couple bows before he pulls the trigger, and you commend that as SMART, then make the "ordered one sight unseen" statement???? It seems like a bit of a contradiction in terms.

For what it's worth, I think I shot those bows, because that is about exactly what I'd say as far as the top two bow that I've shot in the last few years, and you described some of the bows down to a "T" the way I might have. Good Luck with whichever you decide on, they're all GOOD bows, some are just...uh-cough-hoyt...cough...., BETTER. I like the Black Ice enough that I've shot one 3 different places, just to kill time, and I've shot the AM35 and AM 32 twice.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Spike

Killzone: Im personally not really a pse fan, I did look at a few today and really didnt like them enough to shoot, they just didnt feel right!

UPDATE: Today myself and a buddy headed out to a different bowshop, specifically one that carrys Elites...I only shot the Z28, but i will likely shoot thegt500 too,but WOW!

I thought the alphamax was smooth! The z28 blew my mind! Though its slighty heavier than the am, its not by enough that I care, I think it probably matched or surpassed it in every aspect! The grips were both great, but the draw on the elite, man was it nice! After I shot it the first time I said to the tech, "Whats this set at 60? Or is it even lower?" (keep in mind this is after shooting a reezen, monster, and am32 in the past 10 minutes). When he said it was cranked all the way up and it was a 70lb bow, i literally made him put it on the draw scale...and i'll be damned it was 70 lbs! As far as the shot itself goes...if I didnt pull the release I wouldntve even known it happened! In all honesty it was probably the quietest bow ive heard, and i dont think there was even a hint of hand shock or vibration!! I didnt know much about the elites but it seemed fast, when i got home and looked up the ibo speed I was even more impressed! So as of right now, I think this is my top choice!

Now dont get me wrong, that alpha max is one hell of a bow! Ultimately, it the air raid isnt what I hope im going to set these bows up completely and shoot them side by side and make my choice...but that z28 really did exceed every expectation I had!!! Additionally at this particular shot, the z28 and the am32 were both marked at $799! Im not sure what the going rate is on those elites, but an identical am32 at another shop close by was $760...either way I want the stupid air raid to come out, because the money is burning a hole through my pocket and it was EXTREMELY difficult not to leave with that elite today!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

My feelings are i could take anyone of them and make them "feel' right. I don't care for the way people set up a bow. Truthfully I don't think they know anymore than how to put them together. Best to know what you want and get the model that has it and go from there. Kind of like getting a rock and creating a diamond.

I had a Harley once and put it in perfect time, I've never heard one since then in perfect time. You can do the same with a bow.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: nodog

My feelings are i could take anyone of them and make them "feel' right. I don't care for the way people set up a bow. Truthfully I don't think they know anymore than how to put them together. Best to know what you want and get the model that has it and go from there. Kind of like getting a rock and creating a diamond.

I had a Harley once and put it in perfect time, I've never heard one since then in perfect time. You can do the same with a bow.
If thats the case then then why not just get the best looking one? Im not trying to argue, I just slightly disagree. If youre going to tune it yourself and what not, why not just start with the one that already feels the best? Then tune it up and it'll be even better than the others right? Just my point of view!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have hada Black Ice for 2 years now. I have put an STS on it. I still like it. I have tried the Elite GT500 at 60lb and my Black Ice at 69 lbs. seems smoother and easier to pull back. I tried the Mathews DXT at 70lb. nice bow similar feel to the Black Ice but I did not care for the grip or the grips you can get for it. I tried the Reezen (Same DXT Grip)and it is an agressive draw like the GT500 in my opinion. I am sticking with the black Ice, the new Black Ice comes "In Velvet" with a built in STS. I havn't really tried the Hoyts but my hunting partner from NY just bought a Katera after trying many of the bowsI mentioned. He is left handed soI didn't shoot it. I know it is not as fast (My hunting rig shoots a 403 grain arrow 278 fps @ 30 inches) as the aggressive draw speed bows but the Black Ice is hard to put down for now.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lyncher68

Killzone: Im personally not really a pse fan, I did look at a few today and really didnt like them enough to shoot, they just didnt feel right!

UPDATE: Today myself and a buddy headed out to a different bowshop, specifically one that carrys Elites...I only shot the Z28, but i will likely shoot thegt500 too,but WOW!

I thought the alphamax was smooth! The z28 blew my mind! Though its slighty heavier than the am, its not by enough that I care, I think it probably matched or surpassed it in every aspect! The grips were both great, but the draw on the elite, man was it nice! After I shot it the first time I said to the tech, "Whats this set at 60? Or is it even lower?" (keep in mind this is after shooting a reezen, monster, and am32 in the past 10 minutes). When he said it was cranked all the way up and it was a 70lb bow, i literally made him put it on the draw scale...and i'll be damned it was 70 lbs! As far as the shot itself goes...if I didnt pull the release I wouldntve even known it happened! In all honesty it was probably the quietest bow ive heard, and i dont think there was even a hint of hand shock or vibration!! I didnt know much about the elites but it seemed fast, when i got home and looked up the ibo speed I was even more impressed! So as of right now, I think this is my top choice!

Now dont get me wrong, that alpha max is one hell of a bow! Ultimately, it the air raid isnt what I hope im going to set these bows up completely and shoot them side by side and make my choice...but that z28 really did exceed every expectation I had!!! Additionally at this particular shot, the z28 and the am32 were both marked at $799! Im not sure what the going rate is on those elites, but an identical am32 at another shop close by was $760...either way I want the stupid air raid to come out, because the money is burning a hole through my pocket and it was EXTREMELY difficult not to leave with that elite today!
I own a Alphamax and think it'sa pretty good bow. I shot a 08.5 Z28 for the first time last Friday. Bought it on the spot. Awesome bow. First impression is that I like it better than the AM. There's a guy on AT selling them brand new for a good price.

Quick Reply: Shot some bows this weekend! My feelings....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.