Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 a broadhead for you high foc guys >

a broadhead for you high foc guys

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

a broadhead for you high foc guys

Old 04-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default a broadhead for you high foc guys

I would actually love to try this head but the price is a bit much but from a technical standpoint,it looks to be really well built.You should have no problems getting your foc above 20% with it.

http://www.alaskabowhunting.com/Ashb...s-P147C15.aspx

Note: Always match left bevel with left wing feathers and right bevel with right wing feathers.

Ashby Broadheads:

•Machined from a solid piece of 440B Stainless Steel
•.072" Blade Thickness
•58 Rockwell Hardness
•Straight edge design
•25 degree Single bevel (right or left)
•Tanto tip
•Smooth transition, low profile ferrule
•Razor sharp and ready to hunt
•315 grains
•Screw in
•3 per pack

Here is a video of them in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iy6uPyQU0U
Old 04-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: a broadhead for you high foc guys

That is one heavy broadhead. Looks like it's builtlike a tank though!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who the heck has $90 to spend on a 3-pack of BH's???? A bit unrealistic for 99.9% of the applications the guys here would ever need. Similar to Silver Flame, actually if my memory serves me correctly, Marcus who makes the SF's declined a request to build a single bevel head like this one, and the task was then taken to ABS, because Marcus didn't have the time nor desire to make this type of head. The price is is just ridiculous for most of us to ever consider, but I agree, at 315gr, you cerrtainly should be able to acheive some high FOC!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Who the heck has $90 to spend on a 3-pack of BH's???? A bit unrealistic for 99.9% of the applications the guys here would ever need. Similar to Silver Flame, actually if my memory serves me correctly, Marcus who makes the SF's declined a request to build a single bevel head like this one, and the task was then taken to ABS, because Marcus didn't have the time nor desire to make this type of head. The price is is just ridiculous for most of us to ever consider, but I agree, at 315gr, you cerrtainly should be able to acheive some high FOC!!!
I think you are spot on Doug! Hard enough to sell 3 packs of Broadheads at $25 to $35 a pack with all the Mart, mart options out there.

I prefer a multi blade broadhead for more damage/cutting. I feel it's better to have a hole vs. a slit.

2 blades heads should be the bomb for penetration, but most don't have problems getting all the penetration they need with todays bows.

Neat find though TFOX!! Heavy for sure. My 100 grain brass inserts on my FMJ's yield me over 20% FOC. I think that'll work for me. I hope to be screwing a 125 grain Grizz Trick on them babies this Fall.

Dan
Old 04-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

From what I understand these single bevel BH's cut a much bigger hole then what most people think. At least that's what the guys say who use them. I've never been on a blood trail from a single bevel head.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 AM
bigcountry

These are mainly pushed for trad shooters from what I understand. bunch of guys on tradgang use em. I do something simular. I shoot 220gr phantoms with 100gr of brass up front for my black widow longbow.

I am not sold on single bevel. At least not for 90 dollars for 3 of em. I would by other single bevels if they made them 200gr.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

These are mainly pushed for trad shooters from what I understand. bunch of guys on tradgang use em. I do something simular. I shoot 220gr phantoms with 100gr of brass up front for my black widow longbow.

I am not sold on single bevel. At least not for 90 dollars for 3 of em. I would by other single bevels if they made them 200gr.
The single bevel Samurai BH's come in 200gr but you are still spending $80 for 3. I also shoot an arrow with a 200gr phantom and a 100gr insert. I haven't been able to talk myself into the $80 for 3 yet. I imagine one benefit is that these are tougher than a "normal" BH and would last 3 times as long but I haven't convinced myself of that yet either. I don't mind just two blades, they do enough damage/cutting to kill the animals, it's the dollars I am having trouble with.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 AM
bigcountry

I know grizzley has some single bevel 190gr I plan to try out. You have to by an adaptor also because grizzly are for cedar glue ons.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree about the price but the quality is there and they should last forever.

Food for thought,look how many are spending 35/3 pack on heads that are 1 shot and done.Or at very best,are only good for a couple shots and they can't even practice with them.

I'm surprised at the lack of comments on the video.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm surprised at the lack of comments on the video.
I missed the video part the 1st time but I checked It out after reading your last post. That video was Impressive!!

Quick Reply: a broadhead for you high foc guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.