Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Here she is...09 admiral >

Here she is...09 admiral

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here she is...09 admiral

Old 04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Here she is...09 admiral

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Congrats!

One suggestion- get rid of the rubber tube peep sight- you have probably the best stock harness on the market- there is really no need for that peep tube- it just slows ya down, makes more noise, and they can & do fail and will hit you smack dab in your eye. Once these octane strings settle-which is not many shots, they are rock solid- My peep hardly ever moved on my Admiral. Not enough for me to bother putting a 1/4 twist in the string.
Gotta Agree with that advice!!

Once you get a Tru-Peep or G5 Meta peep set in you will never go back to a peep that has a rubber tube attached.

Also a couple of things you might think about are, getting a loop on it. I shoot off the string but bows as short as the Admiral I'm sure wouldbenefit from a loop.

An Octane Hostage Pro, or a Limb Driver upgrade would also be a good improvement.

It's only money!

Enjoy the Admiral I say you just bought the Bow of the Year

Dan
Old 04-03-2009, 03:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Congrats!

One suggestion- get rid of the rubber tube peep sight- you have probably the best stock harness on the market- there is really no need for that peep tube- it just slows ya down, makes more noise, and they can & do fail and will hit you smack dab in your eye. Once these octane strings settle-which is not many shots, they are rock solid- My peep hardly ever moved on my Admiral. Not enough for me to bother putting a 1/4 twist in the string.

Once you get a Tru-Peep or G5 Meta peep set in you will never go back to a peep that has a rubber tube attached.

Also a couple of things you might think about are, getting a loop on it. I shoot off the string but bows as short as the Admiral I'm sure wouldbenefit from a loop.

An Octane Hostage Pro, or a Limb Driver upgrade would also be a good improvement.

It's only money!

Dan
Thanks for the recommendations. I plan on trying to upgrade a bunch of my components this year I have been using the same parts for years. The money spent will definitely be worth it
Old 04-03-2009, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

She's a beauty! Almost enough to make me consider selling my Drenalin and getting a Bowtech! Personally, I'm holding out and waiting for Bowtech to come out with a bow named after an enlisted Navy rank. I really don't want a Commander, a Captain or an Admiral in my house. When they come out with "The Chief", I'll buy it![8D]

Of course, if they did name a bow "The Chief", it would have to be heavy, slow, harsh and make a lot of noise on release.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 07tomkat

Congrats!

It's only money!

Dan
Thanks for the recommendations. I plan on trying to upgrade a bunch of my components this year I have been using the same parts for years. The money spent will definitely be worth it
TK,
Understand about doing things slow. Nothing is cheap anymore. The good thing about top notch accessories is that they can be passed on to new Bows down the road.

I just put my Limb Driver, and HHA Optimizer ontheir3rd bow. I paid more for the sight than I did my first new compound.

Dan
Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief
Of course, if they did name a bow "The Chief", it would have to be heavy, slow, harsh and make a lot of noise on release.
Funny Stuff LC!!

I think you are being modest though

Dan
Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

TK,
Understand about doing things slow. Nothing is cheap anymore. The good thing about top notch accessories is that they can be passed on to new Bows down the road.

I just put my Limb Driver, and HHA Optimizer ontheir3rd bow. I paid more for the sight than I did my first new compound.

Dan
Dan,

Good point. I think i have been using the same rest and stabilizer for about 7 or 8 years. Back when I purchased them they were decent components. Nowadays they are antiques
Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 07tomkat

TK,

Dan
Dan,

Good point. I think i have been using the same rest and stabilizer for about 7 or 8 years. Back when I purchased them they were decent components. Nowadays they are antiques
Know what Ya mean!!

Have Fun with that Admiral! Give it a work out!!

Dan
Old 04-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you shoot other bows before you decided on the Admiral?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Host of Hosts

Hey that bow looks familiar.....I think if seen it before.

Glad to see you obeyed man law and got the pics posted. It was nice seeing you again Matt. I have a thread started about the GTG so go sign up. You were like all smiles last week at the shop when getting that baby setup. How's she shootin?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

I was look'in at one also but the archery shop had an '08 Guardian at a really nice deal! So it was the deal! Nice Admiral !!

Quick Reply: Here she is...09 admiral

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.