Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Target Help Needed... >

Deer Target Help Needed...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Target Help Needed...

Old 03-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer Target Help Needed...

Hi Guys...I need help with a target......i just bought a Delta Legend and had to take it back before i even put an arrow in it as the vitals would fall out if just tapped with your hand from behind......NO MORE DELTAS............I`m thinking about the GlenDel Buck with the "H BACK" locking layers......i want something that i can pull the arrows out easily and that will last.....i`m willing to spend the money if it`s worth it..........So is the GlenDel worth the money ? Or what would you recommend that i buy ? I shoot a Parker Legend XP #50 and Easton XX78 Super Slam arrows......Thanks for any and info.......Mike
Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Target Help Needed...

i really like my glenDel... arrows are easy to pull out if you hit it in the kill sections
Old 03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like mine. My 6 year old son pulls my arrows straight out. As long as your in the vitals where you want to be. Otherwise it's just like the delta if you hit the body. The Glendale is a good target.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive been shooting the glen dale for years and love it
Old 04-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

love my glendale full rut,and it has great customer service,mine fell over while I was setting it up and the leg insert just broke from the fall,I contacted the company and told them what happened even told them it was my fault,but I also told them that for 200.00 dollars I thought the target should be more durable,they agreed and sent me a brand new target and paid for shipping it to me amd my busted one back to them,customer for life here.To top it off I just bought a brand new replacement insert for 38.00 from a store that was going out of business.Those things normally sell for 60-70 dollars,man what a sweet deal,I'm set.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rinehart. Best 3D target you can get. Blows all others out of the water.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I like them at 3D shoots etc... but I'm tired of the Rineharts leaving residue on my arrows when I pull them. I have to scrape and clean them on a regular bases and I would loath that at home. I love them for realism and all around options but I have to say, the Glendale is perfect for constant shooting.

brewman555, see if you have Gander Mt. and see if they have blemished Glendales. I bought one very cheap and the blemishes were meaningless especially if you plan on leaving it out as I do. I agree about not liking Deltas, I have to shoot one side or my arrows blow the core out the backside and then they don't last long anyway.

McKenzie HD's are some of the best IMO as well but very expensive.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I like them at 3D shoots etc... but I'm tired of the Rineharts leaving residue on my arrows when I pull them. I have to scrape and clean them on a regular bases and I would loath that at home. I love them for realism and all around options but I have to say, the Glendale is perfect for constant shooting.

brewman555, see if you have Gander Mt. and see if they have blemished Glendales. I bought one very cheap and the blemishes were meaningless especially if you plan on leaving it out as I do. I agree about not liking Deltas, I have to shoot one side or my arrows blow the core out the backside and then they don't last long anyway.

McKenzie HD's are some of the best IMO as well but very expensive.
Are you seeing this on older or newer rineharts?? We have all rineharts at our archery club that get used in our shoots and I've never had a problem with residue on the arrows. Maybe one here and there but not really. Have that happen alot with the old mckenzies though. I know your arrow is flyin faster than mine with your 82nd but im still 315fps but maybe the speed is making the difference or are you seeing this with all ranges of speed Rob?.....
Something that works really well for pulling arrows and not getting residue from targets is to have a little spray bottle of scent killer with you and mist your front half of arrow shafts about every 3 targets. Seems to work great.
Gotta love rineharts though. Those targets can take a beating and look like nothing ever happened. WCL
Old 04-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help guys......i`m gonna go out Saturday and buy one......Thanks Rob/PA.......i`ll look at GM first and see if they have any blemished targets that they would like to sell at a discount........Thanks Again.....Mike