Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting pics from the last few years >

Hunting pics from the last few years

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting pics from the last few years

Old 03-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting pics from the last few years

Hey guys, here is a picture or two of the critters I've caught up with over the last few season. My cardeer necklaces have been good to me!

Not much of a hunt, but much meat! December 2007

An early season bou, this guy had the genes to be a big boy!

August 2006 Bull. I had a cow eating within 2 feet of me while I was hiding behind a rock. I shot this guy because he offered the best shot. He wasn't the biggest in the group, but I liked the rack since it didn't have any shovels. Unfortunately the next day I caught a grizzly bear eating the rack!

This is the widest bull I've taken yet. He's got a 48" spread, which we don't see up here that often.

I've taken a couple of winter cows to top off the freezer as well...

Even managed to get a winter bull. This is the only hard antlered bull I've taken with the bow. He looked a lot larger when I shot him, but his rack was pretty compact.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting pics from the last few years

Here are a few rifled caribou. I picked up a new shallow water jet boat, and we've gotten up the river into the rifle area where I take the family each year. They've shot some hogs up there.

While those guys are shooting the big ones, I usually fill out the tags with little meat dinks...

Here are a few of my favorite pictures. This is my SeaArk Predator with a few loads of bou...

More pics to come...

Old 03-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people have a Thanksgiving goose, we had a Thanksgiving moose... I shot this cow from 20 yards using a Montana Decoy. That was a load of fun.

Here is my grizzly that I shot in May of '07. I'd been trying for years to get one, and finally connected. 10 yard shot and the bear made it about 65 yards before piling up. What a rush!

A couple of predators. I finally connected with a wolf using my .243. I have also take a couple of wolverine with it.

Here's a 40" bull that I shot quite a few years ago.

My brothers first day bear hunting. Small coastal brownie. He was pumped.

2 hours later I arrow a 7&1/2 foot sow. She was in her upper teens in age, and had been collared. She had close to a 23" noggin. 10 yard shot and she died in less than 30 yards.

How's that for shot placement under pressure???

Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's how the grizzly rug came out. I still can't get over the color.

I've still been doing the trap line a little here and little there. My herd is growing. All these are tanned and I'm hoping to get enough reds to make a king sized blanket bordered with arctic fox.

I pulled a hard to get goat tag in '08 on Kodiak, and went hunting the last week of September. I had the bow with me the whole time, but couldn't close the distance, so I ended up taking a 9" nanny at a couple hundred yards. Here's a few pictures from that hunt. We had to go into survival mode for a night since the pack out was too far. Glad I knew how to build a shelter! The second picture is where I shot the goat. It was pretty much straight up.

The camera batteries died in the mountains, so I didn't get any full body pictures. I skinned it out for a half mount.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

My rugrats have gotten bigger too. Amber will be 8 in a week or so. She's definately a sports girl. She is real good at soccer and has been in Shotokan Karate since she was 4.

Here is our second daughter, Hunter Jade. She's gonna be a handful!

I also built myself a house while I was at it. I was always good with Lego's, so I built a house out of them. 3 stories of insulated concrete formed walls. Took a year to build.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, you're livin' the dream!

Very cool
Old 03-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You certainly have been keeping yourself busy!

Great pics.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

Wow amazing pictures. And what in the world do you do for a living? That house is amazing and those hunts I can only dream of.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jerry...those are some awesome pictures man!! The girls are cute as can be!! House looks great. Truck is sharp!!

While you were away...I went and tagged me a hoss....

I also noticed while I was stalking you through your pictures....you have a myspace? I have looked for you befoe, but I have never found you. Well...you now have a friend request. You can't get rid of me now!!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's the ABM I remember. I still have the video of a year in your life up there that you sent me for one of the very first get togethers. The life you lead up there is tough but awesome. The pictures you share here tell nothing but the good. It's a tough way of life up there. I remember the fishing parts of the video and that has to be a hard way to gain some ofyour years supply of food. Takes a special kind of person. I am honored to have met you in person, you are the man my friend. The family looks great and sure has grown, fantastic job on the house and the success of your company. If you come back East ever again to visit family be sure to let me know and I will put on another breakfast or lunch gathering. Stay safe and it's good to see your return to the boards.
For those interested in viewing pics ofthe get together breakfast I speak of here's the link, lots of old timers from the board and local to the Md/DC area are in here with their family's.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3380367

Quick Reply: Hunting pics from the last few years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.