Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many DART system shooters >

How many DART system shooters

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many DART system shooters

Old 04-25-2003, 02:17 AM

Default How many DART system shooters

How many shoot at the DART systems or Techna Hunts. I have been shooting at these for little over a year now and I enjoy it very much. I am now shooting in a league and its popularity seems to be growing rapidly. The real views it gives has taught me to be patient and now I don`t get as nervous when the real shot happens.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How many DART system shooters

Two of the local shops had the video hunt systems installed...one a DART and the other a Technohunt. I shot at both for a time but life has been rather busy for me lately so I have not had a chance to shoot either in some time. I had a great time doing it though....especially some of the friendly competitions.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

On of my local shops has the DART system installed. Certainly lots of fun, and productive at determining the correct aim point for a given situation.

The only shortcoming I can see is that you are always shooting with your shortest yardage pin. Things becoeme much more dicey when you move out to 30yards and beyond.

It still does not stop me from going from time to time.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

They are a cool idea but the only thing I don' t like about them is they are always at 20 yards. Some of the animal look to be 40 - 50 yards away but you use your 20 yard pin.

They are good for learning where to shoot though.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:21 AM
nub

Beats shooting spots all the time. The ones I' ve shot were the Techno Hunts. We have a new shop around here that has about 20 or so pop up 3ds to shoot at. The 3D targets stand up in a random sequence and allow you 5 seconds or so to shoot before they fall back down again. Targets are spread out up to 30 yrds. I haven' t shot it yet but just might have to try it out today. I' m kind of bored today anyways.

Looks like the place I' m talking about has a website. Don' t seem to show the popup system real well, but heres the link for my WI. neighbors. http://www.rangemastertargets.com/index2.ivnu
Old 04-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

Plan on going tomorrow for the first time. I have to drive for about an hour to get to a shop that has one. Weather is suppose to be cold and rainy so it sounds like a good way to spend the morning. I' ve watched a few other folks shooting at it and it looks like a blast.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:11 PM

My wife and I with some friends first shot the techno hunt about 10 years ago in the San Diego area. We moved to pa. in ' 96 and have shot the dart system for fun and leagues since moving here. The only ' down' side that I can see is that it has induced target panic in my 3-D shooting.In the ' tunnel' I have it on my mind that the target is going to ' time out' or move to a -3 bad angle, or just walk away and I have found myself really pressing my shots and what I call ' double clutching' . For some reason that has carried over to my 3-D shooting. It has not affected my hunting shots, I guess it is a different game and at the crucial point I am all concentration.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:25 PM

[X(]I don' t like the dart system' s way of scoring.
I have seen way to many great kill shots score a zero. I have learned that in order to score high on the dart system, you have to hit the deer. right smack dab, on the bone of the front leg.
If you miss a little forward,(one hell of a bad hit on a real deer) you still score on the dart system.
One night of my winter league is " video night" I had one of the better scores in the entire league that night. I loved to see my name at the top of the list, but I never aimed for any other place than the front leg. I would never try to shoot a deer through the leg bone, but the computer scores you high if you can hit it.
I do shoot video about 20-25 times a year. For me, it makes you pick a spot, and let your arrow fly when you have the shot. I think shooting video is a great change of pace from target practice. I just don' t like the way it scores.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:42 AM

I' ve experienced the same thing. Perfect score is right through the shoulder blade. My first was a zero, and it was perfect kill shot. I dont understand why they' d program it like that. I do like it though...it sure is a nice change from the everyday target shooting
Old 04-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot the traditional class a few years ago.It was alot of fun but I didn' t like the scoring either.

Quick Reply: How many DART system shooters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.