Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shooting diff bows....opinions needed? >

Shooting diff bows....opinions needed?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting diff bows....opinions needed?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting diff bows....opinions needed?

Alright, I just figured I would throw this out there. I went to Bristol this past weekend to the race and while there I stopped by a Bowtech trailor and got to shoot a couple of their new bows. The admiral and captain, which were both center pivot bows. Well it got me thinking, what other bows should I make it a point to shoot? I mean I'm used to single cam bows like my old High Country bows, and the Drenalin. It was kinda differnt shooting something as diff. as the center pivot risor. I have also shot the new Reezen and Monster. Overall the feel to most of the bows I have shot so far are pretty close to the same. Of coarse some draw smoother, or fit my hand better, but from what I can tell they are all pretty dead in the hand. Espically my Drenalin, and the bowtech bows I shot last weekend.

But what other bows should I make it a point to shoot? Something out of the X Force line from PSE? Or maybe the new lighter Hoyts(I haven't shot a hoyt since the trykon due to the overall weight of the bow)? I mean what is out there that everyone should make it a point to shoot and get the feel of?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shooting diff bows....opinions needed?

If you have not shot a Hoyt since the Trykon came out, you really need to go shoot the AM32 or AM35. They are WAY lighter and are ultra dead in the hand. I agree that there are bunch of great bows on the market and in no way am I saying that the AM is the best of the best ( I do feel that way). What I am saying is if it has been a while since you shot a Hoyt, you need to take another look at them because there has been a ton of changes since the Trykon!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also agree with trying to shoot the new AM's by hoyt , they are sweet shootin bows
Old 03-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe a Martin Warthog.