Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Speaking of Man Cave ideas...... >

Speaking of Man Cave ideas......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speaking of Man Cave ideas......

Old 03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Speaking of Man Cave ideas......

Jeff,

Looks great! I really like the wood paneling (did mine like that) you got it looking real nice!

Welcome to the "man cave club"

One bit of advise though....take the capo off the Martin. Not good to leave it on for extended periods....bad for the strings.

I just bought a new one myself, to go with my Taylor.....It's a sweet sounding axe. It's going to make it's stage debutthis weekend! Check out the link, I bought the 6 string with the Q2T electronics.
http://www.seagullguitars.com/productartistburst.htm

Congrats again on the man cave, it came out great bud!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, big guy. I never leave it on there long (although I did for a couple hours the day I shot the photos).

Good luck with your new guitar. Looks like a nice one!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

LC:

That was presented to me at my father's service by the Honor Guard. He was US Navy, stationed aboard the USS Bushnell during the Cuban missile crisis.

I've had it preserved, waiting for the proper place to display it. I'm proud of his service.....and everyone who preceeded and succeeded him.

Sincerely,
I assumed it was there for a good reason, Jeff. I have my fathers flag also. My dad served in the Navy during the Korean war for a short time. He was blinded (I don't remember how) on a deployment aboard the USS VALLEY FORGE and was medically discharged. His vision eventually returned, but it was never very good. At his service in 1989, my mother asked if I would be allowed and would I be willing to present the flag to her.Iwas, and I did. Themost difficultthing I've ever had to do in my entire life was stand thereholding a salute while taps was being played and keep my composure.

My mother just recently gave me the flag, and it is now displayed just above the ones that my wife and I were presented when we retired. My wife is retired Navy as well, by the way.

I'm proud of my dad, and I'm proud of yours too. All the best.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:49 AM
Dominant Buck

LC:

I never even knew that retired servicemen/women received a flag at their retirement. Is there a protocol to displaying on or the other (i.e. I don't want togive the impressionthat mine is anything other than what it is).

Anything in the code about this? Just curious.

Thanks...and thanks for yours and your wife's (and your family's) service.

God Bless

Jeff
Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

LC:

I never even knew that retired servicemen/women received a flag at their retirement. Is there a protocol to displaying on or the other (i.e. I don't want togive the impressionthat mine is anything other than what it is).

Anything in the code about this? Just curious.

Thanks...and thanks for yours and your wife's (and your family's) service.

God Bless

Jeff
Jeff,
When it comes to displaying flags in this manner, there's no protocol that I know of except that it is to be displayed exactly as you have it. The flag was presented to you for a reason, and it's does my heart good to see that you have it where it should be - displayed proudly in honor of a man who served his country.I was proud to see that flag hanging on your wall even before I knew who it was meant to honor.

Having a flag presented to you at your retirement is an option that is available to all military retirees. Given enough notice, a military retiree can have the the flag that will be presented to him/her flown over any site where the American Flag normally flies. My wife's was flown over the USS ARIZONA memorial in Pearl Harbor. Mine was flown aboard the USS CONSTITUTION.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to post pics of my "CAVE" but don't know how to do it.....HELP NEEDED!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lookin good....I really like that paneling, is it barn board or knotty pine?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:13 AM

Looks nice.

Who's burial flag is that ?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Site Bouncer

Thanks, big guy. I never leave it on there long (although I did for a couple hours the day I shot the photos).

Good luck with your new guitar. Looks like a nice one!

Just pulling your chain bud.......a little "Martin Jealousy" coming through
Old 03-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Jeff that turned out great! I like the way you did the ceiling!

Quick Reply: Speaking of Man Cave ideas......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.