Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods? >

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Old 03-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

I had that Guy pull a gun on me this season, that was pretty heart racing... Saw a bobcat catch a squirrel first bobcat i ever saw... Had a fox run right up to me while i was predator hunting it was hunkered down by my boot looking at me saying.... dont shoot.... lol

Those are some pretty funny stories though.

Ryan.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

anyone else readin this thread is gonna think we are a bunch of perverted, bigfoot sighting, ufo watching, rednecks that been sniffing to much swamp fumes. lol
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Spike

I had a lot of strange and funny things happen too. But the one that tops it was when we were froggin. It was a buddy and my son (first time). We get in the water no boat or walking the edge. Anyway, we enter the pond and start shining our lights on the waters edge looking for eyes. We were about half way down when at the dam end in the tall grass something jumped out and literally hopped on the water then dove under. It was about the size of a fawn or large dog. My buddy got out but my son (18) and I stayed in with gigs ready. Never saw or heard it come up. When it took 2 hops on the water it traveled at least 10 yards before going under. After we got out I told them about another experience I had happen about 5 years back while froggin the same pond. Needless to say after it happened for the second time I'll skip that pond.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

anyone else readin this thread is gonna think we are a bunch of perverted, bigfoot sighting, ufo watching, rednecks that been sniffing to much swamp fumes. lol
i think you are right. a couple of the stories, i am going to have to go to the big and tall store to buy some hip waders for, they just don't make hip waders big enough at cabelas. i love the sprinting bigfoot though that takes a lot of creativity to come up with something that far out there.

the one strange thing that happened to me in the past was a buck standing his ground... i bumped a buck 2 times as i was trying to walk out the woods the same trail he was taking, he just kept running further ahead of me on the trail. finally i got to the end of the woods and came around the last corner. once i rounded the corner the 120" buck was standing less than8 yards away in the middle of the trail. he lowered his rack to point streight at me as if to say go ahead and try it. there was only one way out of the woods and he was standing on itso i stood there and had a stare down for 5 minutes. then he slowly walked down to the crick and took a drink of water, occasionally looking back at me. when he finally got far enough out of the way i took the trail down and we split ways.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

It was most likely in the first stage. They show very few symptoms other than behaviors becoming uncharacteristic of what they usually do. I agree that animals that live close to humans will become accustomed to humans, but following you is not him being "used" to you. It is most likely him being infected.

I used to work in a Cemetery that was about 300 acres in the middle of town, with a family of red foxes living there. And they were used to people. One of my favorite memories was once saw one on the roof of the garage watching us as we left.
And another time a fox walked by a graveside funeral, within about 20 feet. Most of the people were fine, but at least one person kinda freaked.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mahoningbuck

I have seen a few monsters but I didnt get scared but they were! Actually about 8 years ago I was hunting in area outside of Alliance, Ohio which is actually could fittingly.......Deerfield, Ohio. Anyways, I am up in my stand and all I can hear is this thing that sounds like deep growling. I have heard the legendary buck growl, not the one the snake oil salesman The Drury brothers sell but a real one and this sound was nothing like that sound. It went on for about an hour, right in the middle of the day in mid October. I saw what I belive to be an upright walking primate. No bs, it scared the living crap out of me......less the 25 percent of the people I tell that story to believe me because I have also saw a ufo, ghosts, and the goat man. I will get to the goatman since more people are drawn to the story than any other. I was driving back to my sisters house in a small town in Champaign County Ohio called North Lewisburgh. I worked second shift at the time so it was about 1015 pm and there are a ton of cornfields out that way so I would always look in them as I drove looking for deer. I drove past this thing at 60 mph and was like what the hell was that! I stop the car, put it in reverse and start to go back to where I saw this thing. As I am in reverse looking out side mirror I see the red eyes of this creaturerunning right towards me. I stop the car put it in drive and take off............I LOOK AT THE SIDE OF MY CAR AND THIS THING IS RUNNING RIGHT ALONG SIDE ME 8 FEET FROM MY WINDOW! It was the scariest thing I have ever seen and I hope I never see it again. It stayed along side me until I hit 50 or 60 mph. I got a great mental picture of this thing and there is no way this thing is normal. I got to my sisters ran in the house and slammed the door as fast as I could. Everyone was wondering what the hell happend and of course they didnt believe me.
Am i allowed to throw a BS flag here....a goatman...get out!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got lifeflighted off a mountainduringa late season elk hunt. Long story and oneI will remember forever but would choose to forget if I had my way. Anyway it was a close call and I hope it never happens again.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

ive had birds land on the tips of my boots before sittin on stand. 2 years ago MZ hunting on the ground i had a squirrel lunge at me...it was fired up! barking, tail flying around...he wasnt happy with me at all.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Having to sit in a tree and look at Rob on a Saturday evening hunt!!LOL
Old 04-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

This winter bowhunting I had to pee, so I peed off my stand. After about 10 minutes a fawn came under my stand and just started licking my frozen pee of the ground. I took pictures and video of it with my phone.

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.