Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bought Elite's speed bow 2day(: >

Bought Elite's speed bow 2day(:

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bought Elite's speed bow 2day(:

Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

Default Bought Elite's speed bow 2day(:

I bought their fastest bow to date 2day. It was on clearance, new with lifetime warranty, and $200 off 2day, after I talked Scheels into lowering it. The 08 GTO. 70# 29". What a bow. I will post pics when I get her all dressed up. So glad that Iowans don't know what Elite Archery is and because of this, I have snagged 2 Elites at Scheels.[8D]

Here are the specs of the new ELITE GTO.

ATA 33 1/8"
BH 7"
Weight 3lbs 15,5oz
Draw length 26 to 30"
Draw weight 50 to 90#
Let off 80%
Speed 340 to 350fps

How Kevin gets extreme speed, a silky smooth draw cycle, super quiet, handshock free, no irritating hump in the draw cycle, out of a 7" brace height, is beyond me. What is cool as heck, is I will PM him with a question on Elites forum, and he replies quickly and friendly. The 82nd is going down the road wednesday. I got it sold. These Elites just spoil you. I am no fanboy and just shoot what I like the best. I have an 06 Elite E-500 now, this GTO, and I will be getting a GT500 ninja also, and I want a ninja or AT Aigil, which was Elites' solo cam bow. I am currently researching an Elite for my 26 1/2" draw, 45 # shooting girlfriend. She finishes her hunter safety class this weekend, and will hunting turkeys with her bow in a few weeks. She is currently shooting a Diamond Edge, but I want to upgrade her to an Elite.

I will post pics and chrono it once I get her all setup.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bought Elite's speed bow 2day(:

Glad you have found something you like.I really liked Germ's when I had a chance to daw it but it was a 70# left handed bow so I wasn't able to shoot it.I did find the draw nice but the wall was something else.VERY hard and wanting to go.BUT,I really doubt that would be a problem for me if I got the poundage down to where I was comfortable with it.

I really want to take a look at their new cam system.

If my shop carried them,I would most likely be giving one a test run but untill then,I will stick with my Hoyts.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Glad you have found something you like.I really liked Germ's when I had a chance to daw it but it was a 70# left handed bow so I wasn't able to shoot it.I did find the draw nice but the wall was something else.VERY hard and wanting to go.BUT,I really doubt that would be a problem for me if I got the poundage down to where I was comfortable with it.

If my shop carried them,I would most likely be giving one a test run but untill then,I will stick with my Hoyts.
I don't know Todd, I thought that thing felt like if you let it creep a QUARTER inch it would be gone, and I shoot my Trykon at 72# maxxed out. It's a torquey thing though, and I can see where it gets it's speed. Likewise, I couldn't shoot it either, but I'd liked to have been able.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

The elites are nice bows, very nice bows. That GTO is the exact same specs as the Bowtech Allegiance, but a good bit faster. Like him or not, Kevin is a genious when it comes to bow design and put Bowtech on the map with his designs.

If I had the extra cash laying around, I wouldn't mind owning one myself.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

I don't know Todd, I thought that thing felt like if you let it creep a QUARTER inch it would be gone, and I shoot my Trykon at 72# maxxed out. It's a torquey thing though, and I can see where it gets it's speed. Likewise, I couldn't shoot it either, but I'd liked to have been able.

That's what I meant about the wall.VERY HARD and no valley whatesoever.BUT,if I had it down around 57# where I like to shoot,I think it would be manageable for me.

If my shop ever picks them up,I will be trying one for sure.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Hardcore you are a fanboy, a Elite fanboy, the way your collecting those Elites I would say your also trying to
keep up with the Joneses, and thats alright, but theres some pretty big joneses on this site.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned

[8D]I guess I am a fan boy of some sort. One thing that I like about the Elites, is that they sell quickly on AT or Ebay and the supply is low and the demand is high. Elite archery Reminds me of the 90's when you actually had to put your name on a waiting list to buy a Harley, before they were able to keep up with the demand and flooded the market with them. As of now, Elite has the best bows imo and they hold their value well and are easy to sell if you want to. I have never owned a solo cam and the rare aigil is a must in my future in ninja, just to own one. I jump from bow maker to bow maker and no telling what I will be shooting next year. Tiil something comes along better, I am an Elite shooter. The 2007 Elite EnvyEnvy is rated right at the GTO speed too. May have to shoot one of those too.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I meant about the wall. VERY HARD and no valley whatesoever.
Sounds like the cams were in improper rotation and/or the draw stops were set incorrectly- While the Valley is somewhat narrow on the GTO/GT500, its very "deep" and you totally lock in- and if you let up a bit you will not fly forward- you can relax a bit in the valley. In fact it almost feels like you locked up the cams!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JeffB

That's what I meant about the wall. VERY HARD and no valley whatesoever.
Sounds like the cams were in improper rotation and/or the draw stops were set incorrectly- While the Valley is somewhat narrow on the GTO/GT500, its very "deep" and you totally lock in- and if you let up a bit you will not fly forward- you can relax a bit in the valley. In fact it almost feels like you locked up the cams!

Remember,I shoot less than 60# and his was on atleast 70#,plus it was too short and left handed. I would like to see if it would "feel" better for me at my draw length and pull weight. At that time,I was shooting my xtec on 53#'s at 28" and the cam goes to 29.5 so I was well off the end of the draw range.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:16 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter
Reminds me of the 90's when you actually had to put your name on a waiting list to buy a Harley, before they were able to keep up with the demand and flooded the market with them.
Man, I tell people I waited over 2 1/2 years for my 99 king and they look at me like I am crazy.

I went in the shop the other day to get some filters and I looked around and got sick. Had no soul. All the bikes on the floor was available today. For less than invoice too.

Quick Reply: Bought Elite's speed bow 2day(:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.