Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just a friendly wager!!! >

Just a friendly wager!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just a friendly wager!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just a friendly wager!!!

Where do we sign up?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sixgunluvr

I'd go $5....chances are slim though on a first shot no warm up. I definately do not have the confidence to put $50 on it. I'm sure there are 3d/target shooters that would put $50 on it.
Thats kinda how I feel. My first few shots are always somewhat iffy b/c I have to get settled in. Once I get settled in im ok and belive I could hit the skoal can about 4 out of 5 times on average from 40, but not right outta the gate

Derek
Old 03-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Heal boy, heal.

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Me too Rob.
It goes something like this doesn't it Will.

A skoal can is about the size of a 12 ring right? Tracer Nock Video.

No one is on 100% of the time but I'd be up for it. Sorta reminds me of Matt / PA's signature... one well placed arrow...yada yada. At times, one arrow is my whole practice regiment.

At a stag party after a few adult beverages I was coerced to take an unknown shot at a pepsi can. All said and done, one shot, estimated 55 yards (50 pin at the top, 60 pin at the bottm) and I took the can off a stump. Obviously I put the bow away and wasn't up for a second shot. LOL

Right time but it's not magic, remember now, I've missed a mature buck at 16 yards, AND AGAIN at 25 and then double lunged him at 41. Remember the story on the 04 contest buck. One has to laugh at such silliness.

And in that video, I have plenty of arrows in the woods behind that but I'd still take the wager.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

right now?? no way...havent had time to touch the bow since the season closed...

right before season?? i would do it. ive actually done a chew can at 40yds...went 3 for 3...no money on it...but i did it. can i do it 100% of the time?? im human...i doubt it. but i strive to be the best shooter i can and practice alot and shooting longer ranges is a major part of my practice...
Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like when I play pool I would need three drinks to losen up.....I tend to shot better when I have a buzz! Hell no I couldnt hit and it would be like throwing money away. I will say I would have a better shot with my new bow instead of my old one!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I could go out now and kill a deer at 40yds, whether or not I hit a skoal can at 40yds is another story.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default 50yd attempt-video&pic

Well, i gave it a shot. The orange circle is slightly larger than a snuff can. Close but no prize. The 4 arrow group was more typical of several rounds of arrows. All arrows shot at 50yds. I'm not shooting a bubble level right now, I think it might help with the left and right errors I make.

Tried to post a video...can't do it here i guess.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would make the bet, I am confident i would make the shot, and during the summer i might just try and take some pictures/video to show you guys. You have to be confident with any shot you take whether it be 10 or 50 yards.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

sev years ago I'd have taken that bet.

Today? heck no!
Old 03-22-2009, 01:31 PM

My first shot is usually my best. I wouldn't risk losing a lot of money for it though.

Give me my 22 and sit it 100 yards away and I'll make that bet

Quick Reply: Just a friendly wager!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.