Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smoothest Draw?

Old 03-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Smoothest Draw?

I'm a big fan of a very smooth drawing bow rather than blazing speed. Of the Bowtech Admiral and Diamond Iceman which is the smoothest draw? Thanks!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Smoothest Draw?

That one is pretty much a toss up and very much depends on personal opinion. I worked a shooting booth for 2 weekends last month and it was about 50/50 on the draw between those 2 bows.

Now as far as the easiest drawing bow we had in the booth? That's Easy!!

The Ross Carnivore!

Dan
Old 03-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Spike

I've never drawn either of those bows, but the Hoyt Alpha Max is a very smooth draw. I shoot the Katera but wished I would of waited for the Alpha Max.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, Which of the above 4 mentioned (Carnivore, Admiral, Iceman and Alpha Max) would you pick for overall performance?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dan's right about personal preference: I've always liked the gradual ramp-up of a single cam when it comes to putting something in a "smoother-drawing" category because I can ease my muscles into it. Ona binary, you'll hit peak weight sooner and hold it longer. Some prefer that feel over the gradual ramp-up; I know Dan does.

And he's spot-on about the Carnivore; it's ina class all by itself when it comes to smooth. I know of a Hoyt shop shooter who stopped by our booth and wanted to draw it just because he'd heard all the hoopla... he simply shook his head after drawing it and exclaimed "That's the smoothest-drawing bow I've EVER drew -- period." And I know for a fact he owns an AM 35...

As far as overall best performance? If I had to pick just one out of all the three (and I own all three, as does Dan...), it'd have to be the Admiral.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Diamond Black Ice and it is the smoothest I've ever drawn but I have the itch for a new bow(darn). How would the new Admiral's draw compare to what I have now?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of the Ross, Diamond, Bowtech bows, I have shot the Carnivore 34, the Admiral, and the Iceman. Greg's spot on with difference between the Admiral and the Iceman. I prefer the Admiral. I don't shoot my bows at great poundage (63/64) and the slight hump in the Admiral isnot a problem what so ever for me. I am really used to it with my main rig being the 101st right now. The Carnivore is a butter smooth draw but just the same I prefer the seemingly lighter holding wt on the Admiral.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Dan, Which of the above 4 mentioned (Carnivore, Admiral, Iceman and Alpha Max) would you pick for overall performance?
Out of those I'd probably pick the Admiral, but if I had the choice (I do) I'd pick the Sentinel as Best all around, but the 36"+ A to A doesn't bother me at all.

To me it is Smoother, more Stable, and it's a little faster than the Admiral too.

I'm telling you though the Carnivore is not a Bow to take lightly.

Dan
Old 03-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned

Elite Archery, all of them
Old 03-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Elite Archery, all of them
Wow....it didn't take you long to throw Bowtech under the bus Don......I can still remember the "Bowtech is the best thing since sliced toast" posts....but then again I still remember the "Hoyt is the best thing since slice toast" posts as well....

Quick Reply: Smoothest Draw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.