Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stolen Mathews Bows! >

Stolen Mathews Bows!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen Mathews Bows!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Stolen Mathews Bows!

I haven't been on in a while, but I was wondering if any of youhad heard about the 40 some Mathews bows that were stolen from Trophy Book Archery in Spruce Grove, Alberta? Can you imagine being the owner and coming in to your shop in the morning to find somebody cleaned you out like that? That's a heavy hit![:@]
Old 03-13-2009, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Stolen Mathews Bows!

No kidding, that sucks bigtime.I imagine there willbe a major rush of brand new matthews bows on e-bay w/ no reserve.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank Goodness for insurance!!

Dan
Old 03-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

They will get caught, someone will slip or talk to much. Way to much inventory to hide for long, or get rid of fast. See how much those bows are worth when they are worried about droppin the soap in the prison shower. lol

Shane
Old 03-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, with record of serial numbers, I imagine as soon as someone sends in the warranty card they can reference to the stolen bows and someone will get caught. I hate thieves. That's what $36,000 in valued merchandise?That is no slap on the wrist you just as well steal a new truck off the lot. I hope they get caught.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats crazy, I hope they get caught.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like them kinda people either,but at least they got good taste.[8D]
Old 03-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tribal

Well, with record of serial numbers, I imagine as soon as someone sends in the warranty card they can reference to the stolen bows and someone will get caught. I hate thieves. That's what $36,000 in valued merchandise?That is no slap on the wrist you just as well steal a new truck off the lot. I hope they get caught.
I'd bet noone will be sending in a warranty card, but I imagine there will be a slip-up and the guilty party/parties will be caught, and I hope they put 'em in jail for a LONG time, not much I hate more than a thief!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 02:50 AM
N2D

A list of all the serial numbers should be pasted all over the net and every bow shop. Sooner or later someone will need to take a bow to a shop for some kind of work.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: N2D

A list of all the serial numbers should be pasted all over the net and every bow shop. Sooner or later someone will need to take a bow to a shop for some kind of work.
While this may be true, I don't know if all of the shop workers really care enough about it to check the numbers on every Mathews bow that comes in for work to be done on it. It's possible though. Like others have said, it's probably just a matter of time until they somehow get caught for it. I don't see just one person pulling that off by themselves.

Quick Reply: Stolen Mathews Bows!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.