Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Carbon arrow manufacturers >

Carbon arrow manufacturers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon arrow manufacturers

Old 04-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Carbon arrow manufacturers

I know that there are a hundred different carbon arrows out there but I have been told that there are only a handful of actual manufacturers that make these arrows for their perspective buyers (Carbon express, beeman, gold tip, PSE, etc...). I am trying to find out where or who makes the PSE carbon shafts and what other names these shafts are sold under.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!
Old 04-22-2003, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Carbon arrow manufacturers

I could have sworn that the original PSE shafts were actually CE...but it gets so hectic nowadys with all of these different companies selling shafts but not manufacturing them.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

I am also under the impression that CE manufacturers the PSE line of carbon arrows.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not exactly correct.

First a little History…

AFC was one of the original carbon manufacturers..they made pultruded shafts. They were bought out by Gametracker and at around the same time they started making Carbon Express IC type carbons, changed their name to Carbon Express, and then the pultruded shafts were dropped.

A couple of years ago Gametracker moved the shaft manufacturing to Korea.

PSE bought out the old AFC/GT tools/plant (which is in Mexico) and started making the Carbon Force shafts which are Identical to the standard Carbon Express shafts (other than the two countries they are made).

There is no question in my mind that the Korean made CX’s are of significantly higher quality shaft than the Mexican made CX’s were.

My only experience w/ the PSE shafts were with some of the Dominator’sI saw about 2 years ago, which have terrible tolerances. I understand the Comp Pro’s and the mid grade shaft are decent arrows.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

JeffB

You have just listed the exact reasons for which I REFUSE to shoot these shafts.

You notice the prices of those arrows are just as high if not higher than their American made counterparts.In todays economy you would think we would pay closer attention to what we purchase and where we get it from.

It is getting harder and harder to find anything made in the USA anymore but if you are an American and would like to keep your jobs.You better start thinking about it.

Ok,now I' ll get off my soapbox.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is getting harder and harder to find anything made in the USA anymore but if you are an American and would like to keep your jobs.You better start thinking about it.
Are there any carbons made in America? If Americans make carbons and they shoot as good as some of the others and don' t cost twice as much I would certainly buy them.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know that Nitro Stingers are.I love them for 3-d and hunting.As far as I know,Easton shafts are still American made but I' m not sure.Blackhawk Vapors are also made in the USA.

I have started calling and asking before I buy anymore.I have also emailed,but some companies won' t even answer that question.Wonder why?
Old 04-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the info TFOX. I have been thinking about giving the blackhawks as well as the stingers a try. How are the taperd shafts of the stingers? Do they retain their speed better down range?
Old 04-23-2003, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really beleive that they do retain speed better downrange but bot enough to notice in a hunting situation.With my setup when using a Stinger I can go by my chrono speed and my sight tape is right on out to 80 yards but if I use a standard type arrow I have to take about 3 fps off my chrono speed to make my sight tape to still be on at 80 yards.

I have setup some Blackhawks for some friends and they were a little heavier than advertised but this might be an isolated case.The arrows were great but just a little heavier.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bemans' s and Easton carbons are made in the states.

Blackhawks & Stingers too.

Goldtips were american made @ one time, I assume they are still are.

And I agree TFOX. As good as the newer Korean CX shafts are, when I have a choice I prefer American Made items, and Easton/Beman quality is unequalled in the arrow industry, so I' m not sure why I bother w/ anything else!

Quick Reply: Carbon arrow manufacturers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.