Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ross Carnivore?

Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ross Carnivore?

I was wondering if someone could tell me the weight of the 31 & 34. Also how do they compare to the BlackIce in terms of draw and speed? Thank You.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ross Carnivore?

ORIGINAL: luke/r

I was wondering if someone could tell me the weight of the 31 & 34. Also how do they compare to the BlackIce in terms of draw and speed? Thank You.
I'll have to weigh my 34 when I get home, dressed out that is.

As for draw, they draw smooth as butter. But with most, smooth as butter draws speed is the cost. They are not the fastest bow in the lineup but smooth as silk and the shot is wonderful. I'll give ya a little more when I get home.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Alright thanks. I am not looking for speed. I need a smoother draw more then anything. I have a Black Ice now I just put 50lb limbs on it for my stepson so I am familiar with it just curious about the Carnivore.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree the Ross Carnivore is as smooth a Bow as I have ever drawn. While speed is not earth shattering, it has plenty for hunting. Working a shooting booth the last 2 weekends the Ross Carnivore impressed many shooters that picked it up and fired a couple of arrows.

I now have the Diamond and Ross line on my website.

Dan
Old 03-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with my two fellow staff-mates. In truth the Carnivore 31 is my favorite out of the 2009 modelbows in the Bowtech, Diamond and Ross lineups. The draw cycle really is quite smooth. However, I think a little clarification is in order. Smooth, to me, means that there isn't a noticeable transition when you start drawing the bow back or when it drops into the valley or backwall. It is very similar, in this regard, to your Diamond Black Ice. Prior the Carnivore 31 the Black Ice was my favorite bow from the lineup for this very reason. The draw cycle was very pleasing. In addition the shot feel is excellent. It really has pretty much the same feel as the Admiral or Ice Man at the shot...no recoil, very low vibration and very quiet (the other two might be a hair better in this last category but the C31 is still right up there with them). Accurate as heck in my hands to boot. It gives me that feeliing of not having to try as hard to get the accuracy out of the bow. Very reassuring.

If it hasn't shown so far I have to say that I really love this bow.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I tend to agree with my two fellow staff-mates. In truth the Carnivore 31 is my favorite out of the 2009 modelbows in the Bowtech, Diamond and Ross lineups. The draw cycle really is quite smooth. However, I think a little clarification is in order. Smooth, to me, means that there isn't a noticeable transition when you start drawing the bow back or when it drops into the valley or backwall. It is very similar, in this regard, to your Diamond Black Ice. Prior the Carnivore 31 the Black Ice was my favorite bow from the lineup for this very reason. The draw cycle was very pleasing. In addition the shot feel is excellent. It really has pretty much the same feel as the Admiral or Ice Man at the shot...no recoil, very low vibration and very quiet (the other two might be a hair better in this last category but the C31 is still right up there with them). Accurate as heck in my hands to boot. It gives me that feeliing of not having to try as hard to get the accuracy out of the bow. Very reassuring.

If it hasn't shown so far I have to say that I really love this bow.
Frank, I agree with that statement200%

Dan
Old 03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. I am going have to get to a shop and shoot the Carnivore. I am either getting another BI or a Carnivore if I like it. My idea of smooth is the same as PABowhntr. Do you guys by chance know the weight of the Carnivore 31? Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

luke, if I remember to do it I'll weigh it for you when I get home... all it will have is a Limbdriver on it.

Frank nailed it up above with his summation of the bow's characteristics. One thing a lot of people don't realize is that the Krank system which is the main component of its advanced hybrid system allows the engineers to build the bow with twice the normal deflection values for the limbs; what this does is give them extreme "beefiness" and durability while eliminating the "hot spots" (that 2-3 inches of flex that most limbs are faced with) in the middle of the limb.

I had eight bows hanging in my home shop this winter, and invariably I grabbed the little Carni 31 on my way out the door when I was heading out back to plink around with judo points; it's just a dream to shoot.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here ya go, Luke... a post I made after having put one of the prototypes through its paces earlier in the season:

http://forums.bowhunting.com/yaf_postst1207_A-little-carnage-with-the-new-Ross-Carnivores.aspx
Old 03-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Greg. It really sounds like one heck of a bow by the way you guys are talking about it. I will have to get to a shop this weekend to try it out. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Ross Carnivore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.