Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which is the king of the hill in drop away rest >

which is the king of the hill in drop away rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which is the king of the hill in drop away rest

Old 04-21-2003, 12:07 PM

Default which is the king of the hill in drop away rest

Which drop away rest is the best. Reliability, ease of mounting, and setup.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: which is the king of the hill in drop away rest

I love my MIRAGE!

I killed a gobbler on Thursday and had to jockey around in the blind a tad and never once did I have to look to see if my arrow was ready. Just draw and you never have to break your concentration to see if your arrow is on the tongs.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

There are a couple of different ways to approach this question.

First off, the Muzzy Zero Effect and Trophy Taker are probably the two most popular drop away rests. Ofcourse, there is a reason for that popularity and it usually is based on performance, reliability, durability, consistancy and ease of use. This can be somewhat misleading though as I cannot think of one person who installed a Zero Effect for the first time and called it " easy" ....

Some of the new drop aways on the market like the GKF Powerdrop and the Trophy Ridge DropZone also seem to be gaining a following....though I also still enjoy using the MBG Trapdoor as well.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

PABowhunter. not to argue with you but I have installed a MZE on two of my bows and couldn' t have had it any easier. If you just follow the instructions on the video it should be a breeze. My first time setting one up was on a Diamond Recon. I followed the video, then eyeballed the horizontal setup in and my first 3 shots were perfect bulletholes. Done and ready to hunt. My second time was my present set up on my Q2. My first shot, slight right tear, 2nd shot a little better and the 3rd shot perfect. Done and ready to hunt. I am sure that not everyone had it that easy but it was a breeze for me. I know another guy who had his set up pretty quickly also. I thought that the video, over reading, made it a whole lot easier. Just my experience. Like I said, not trying to argue with ya Pa, just relaying my experience. My buddy and I who set it up with me were shocked at how easy it was. To be honest I was a little intimidated at first. It looked like it would be a bear. But I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:05 PM

I use the NAP QT 2000 and love it
Old 04-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just installed a new mirage on bow last week. And it was as easy as a normal rest except I had to tie a string on the cable.

Pretty easy if you ask me.

As far as the reliability of it, I have relied on folks like btomlin to see how theres went. And as long as the arrow is on the shelf, the rest will grab it, just like the MZE.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m having good luck with the NAP 4000s. I also got a Plainsman to try out. Very nice machining, and solid.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

NAP Quicktune 4000 . . . works great for me!

Less expensive than many others, 15 minutes to set up and improves accuracy significantly.

Well worth the price.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:53 PM

I currently have a MZE and love it. I thought that the setup was pretty easy. Of course I set bows up all the time since I work in an archery shop...

I plan on trying the dropzone when my new LX gets in. Although I have no real problems with the MZE, the dropzone just seems much " cleaner" to me. There are no external parts unless you count the string, and the arrow rest itself goes down into a recessed area to stay protected. I like the idea of being all aluminum too.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the MZE and have no complaints about it.

I also have the " plainsman" I am tinkering with it on my back up bow.
It was easy to install and as Phil said very good machining.
So far I have not had any tuning problems with it and so far it is turning out to be a good rest I just hope that this rest gets a following even tho it is the new kid on the block as far as rests go.

Try it you just might like it

Quick Reply: which is the king of the hill in drop away rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.