Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me quiet down my rest!! PICS >

Help me quiet down my rest!! PICS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me quiet down my rest!! PICS

Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help me quiet down my rest!! PICS

I just changed my Mathews rest into a drop away... when i shoot an arrow metal to metal sounds and is loud... I bought some stick on fabric to go under neath it but is still really loud...

any suggestions?? What does other people do?... theres a rubber pad i found at the archery store but I'm afraid that it would not let my rest go all the way down

Thanks

Old 02-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me quiet down my rest!! PICS

Matthews, I use Mole-skin on both the prongs and the place where the prongs strike. I have had a drop away rest for the last 4 years and the mole skin really helps me quiet it down. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MathewsShooter30

I just changed my Mathews rest into a drop away... when i shoot an arrow metal to metal sounds and is loud... I bought some stick on fabric to go under neath it but is still really loud...

any suggestions?? What does other people do?... theres a rubber pad i found at the archery store but I'm afraid that it would not let my rest go all the way down

Thanks
Perhaps your talking the Simms rubber pad? I'd highly recommend it if your not happy with the felt/moleskin.

Your rest should clearly be out of the way of your fletch or perhaps your not tuned properly. I can't imagine it being a problem unless your arrow is too low on the string/berger holes.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know maybe I am mistaken but from the photo it looks like that rest is actually coming down all the way and slapping the riser, maybe I am mistaken but I would think that it should not come down that far, that would be wrong, no matter what you put underneath it is still going to slap that sucker and make noise, espicially with how fast they go down it is going to be fairly loud.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

patchholder im not completely sure i know what you mean but the prongs are hitting on the guard of the rest?? Does that make sense?
Old 02-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

virginia shadow do you have a pic of what you did???

I really want to get this thing silenced
Old 02-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

i putmole skin on mine . I can't tell what the problem is from the photo . can you post a clearer one?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

ttt please
Old 03-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matthews, here is a pic I just took. I don't have a good cam and it is foggy but you get the point. I put the mole skin in small 1/2 inch wide strips around the prongs, and then just double up on the mole skin on the riser so when the drop-away falls it quietly strikes.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get a WB and forget about it!

Quick Reply: Help me quiet down my rest!! PICS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.