Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anybody else ready for your states bow opener? >

anybody else ready for your states bow opener?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anybody else ready for your states bow opener?

Old 02-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default anybody else ready for your states bow opener?

man im already excited to start planting food plots, and get back to bowhunting. anybody else already pumped????
Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anybody else ready for your states bow opener?

If you'd asked me that any other time in the previous 10 years, I would have undoubtedly answered rather quickly in the affirmative... This year is different, though; I hunted SO hard and SO much that I'm just NOW recovering a bit from burnout.

I'll probably concentrate my efforts a bit more this coming year and hunt a bit smarter, and then December will give way to predator trapping for me this year so I don't think I'll have to worry about that as much this coming season.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

If you'd asked me that any other time in the previous 10 years, I would have undoubtedly answered rather quickly in the affirmative... This year is different, though; I hunted SO hard and SO much that I'm just NOW recovering a bit from burnout.

I'll probably concentrate my efforts a bit more this coming year and hunt a bit smarter, and then December will give way to predator trapping for me this year so I don't think I'll have to worry about that as much this coming season.
how was your season this year??
im just excited to hunt september and october when im not freezing my ass off
Old 02-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, I was ready for a break. I'm starting the shed hunting this weekend, after that its mushroom hunting, turkey hunting, maybe a little fishing. I'll start getting the bug again around July to start glassing for some bucks.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I sit in a dark room all day, shaking uncontrollably waiting for September.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been doing a bunch of shed hunting/scouting. Getting some ideas for new stand locations and moving some stand locations. I am always excited to get my plots in, I enjoy doing that. I will try to have all the stands in and early plots completed by the end of May (I hate hanging stands when it is hot). I will spend a bunch of time during the summer glassing fields while drinking a cold beer, but very little walking. Around the first of Sept I will get my late plots in and then sit back and wait for the middle of Oct to roll around.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

im excited for deer a little more than turkey at the moment and i dont know why though............
Old 02-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on what perspective you're looking at it from... I put eight does down this year, and the freezer's packed... gave one to my parents and another to our best friends, so it was good from a meat perspective -- but I didn't see a buck I felt like dumping the string on. Tough season, and that added to the way I felt at the end of the year.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Depends on what perspective you're looking at it from... I put eight does down this year, and the freezer's packed... gave one to my parents and another to our best friends, so it was good from a meat perspective -- but I didn't see a buck I felt like dumping the string on. Tough season, and that added to the way I felt at the end of the year.
hey man at least you got 8 does!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

im jacked for bowhunting all together. got my first tukey tag, a whole summer of hunting critters and birds, musky fishing, figuring out what i cna grow for a plot in northen MN that deer eat. then bow hunting. i cant wait for that snow to melt.

Quick Reply: anybody else ready for your states bow opener?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.