Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 QAD Ultra pro vs. Limbdriver >

QAD Ultra pro vs. Limbdriver

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

QAD Ultra pro vs. Limbdriver

Old 02-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default QAD Ultra pro vs. Limbdriver

I currently shoot a QAD and have been happy with it. I also had it replaced under warranty for a spring problem inside which caused the rest to fail. I have been eying up the Limb Driver as it seems to be a more simple design. The reason I am looking into the switch is strictly for simplicity of operation and function. I feel the limb driver offers a simple setup without a lot of moving parts or breakable parts. Don't get me wrong, I love the QAD but I am worried of failure, especially on my elk hunt this fall in the middle of the Idaho Rockies. Basically I am trying to simplify my setup as much as possible, btw, this will be mounted on a Bowtech Tribute if that helps.Any input would be much appreciated especially if you have had experience with both.

Thanks,

Shane
Old 02-26-2009, 07:12 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: QAD Ultra pro vs. Limbdriver

I have had both. And I like total containment. Reason I like the MZE, and the QAD. Some people worry about the need to stay on the rest as long as possible. But bottom line is if you can't get the job done with a TMhunter, none of the super fall aways are going to help you.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Spike

I have had both I really liked the quad or aleast the idea(full containment)but I just couldnt get it tuned to where i didnt have any fleching contact.Im sure tha it was my fault but I got tired of messing with it!
I then put the limb driver on and had no more issues.
I just set up my admiral with one and shot a bullet hole on the first shot,sighted it in and just today shot broadheads exactly with my field points-- probably mostly luck,I took it off my gaurdian and never moved anything except the mounting bolt.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone else have any input?

Shane
Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

ditto with pureadrenaline. I beat the hell of my limbdriver and Iam completely satisfied. I do have something loose on it. I might have worn something out. I place too much tension on the string causing it to smack the shelf. If I cannot fix it, I will buy another without question.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Containment is nice, but I have seen the qad spring failure that you talk of. You don't know it has occured until a mistake has been made.(an errant arrow) With the Limb Driver, youcan see if there is a prob immediately.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went from a QAD to the Limbdriver. No problems with the QAD, just wanted the LD. My QAD saw a ton of shots, without any troubles. My wife is shooting a QAD too with great success. The full containment of the QAD is great, and I think for your elk hunt, stick with it since you will be walking alot, and probably spending lots of time with a knocked arrow. With the QAD, you can just forget about it and not worry about the arrow flopping around. There are plenty of holders you can stick on the shelf to use with the LD, but I hate anything on the shelf. Stick with your QAD, maybe switch post-elk hunt.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:07 AM
N2D

X2
Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

For the last two year, I took my Allegiance with me elk hunting and that has a MZE on it... If I went this year (I'm not; I'm going antelope hunting) I'd take my Admiral with me and it's one of four bows I've got that's wearing a Limbdriver. I'd probably look into the new capture launcher arm available from Limbdriver this year though.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

I'd probably look into the new capture launcher arm available from Limbdriver this year though.
That launcher arm is making it more difficult for me to decide which rest to put on my Alley. Its the LD, Whammy, or Tripwire......don't know yet.

I had a QAD pro series, but the older model before they came out with the LD/HD series and I am sure they have improved a few things since mine. MY QAD worked great, but I experienced bounceback once in a while(probably my fault with setup) and something internally started failing. As I said, I 've heard these newer models have fixed it.

Quick Reply: QAD Ultra pro vs. Limbdriver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.