Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funny bowshooting story I just remembered >

Funny bowshooting story I just remembered

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny bowshooting story I just remembered

Old 02-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Funny bowshooting story I just remembered

Well it was June 2004. I was shooting my bow like crazy in anticipation of bow season and for some reason I had been hitting my left arm a ton with the bow string, causing a big black and blue mark right on the big vein on my left forearm. I had been looking for a job that summer and finally the call came that I was looking for one day. They told me to go down and get drug tested in 48 hours or their offer would be lost.

So I putoff the drug test on day 1. One day 2 I woke up with a terrible pain in my lower abdomen. I mean the worst pain I have ever felt to this date. So I just try to "sleep off" the pain but when I awoke I could barely move. I jump in my truck and take off to the drug testing site which was about 30 minutes away. I had to pull my truck over several times because I felt so bad, felt like I was going to pass out. I knew I had to get to the hospital but I also knew I needed to get the drug screening or my family would be screwed because I would be out of the job. So I finally get to drug testing site and the place is packed. So I go back out into my truck and turn on the air conditioning because I was burning up. I laid down in my truck for about 30 minutes and then headed inside. They give me a number and now I am hanging out with a bunch of drug addicta and people just like myself looking to get tested.

About an hour later I am still waiting to be seen and am shaking and in miserable pain. Remember I still have those black and blue marks all over my left arm from shooting my bow. Well the pain becomes so bad that I just start cursing the worst curse words you can ever imagine in front of everyone. I try to hold it in but I can't. Everyone begins looking at the sweating, cursing man with black and blue marks all over his arms. I KNOW they think I am an addict. Guys I was letting off more curse words than Eddie Murphy Raw. They finally tell me it is my turn and I can't piss because I can't push due to the stomach pain. The guy tells me I only have a couple of more minutes or I will have to come back in 2 hours and try again. I knew right there that I would never make it back in 2 hours because I was heading directly to the hospital. So again I start letting out the worst curse words known to man to fill up a few ounces! SUCCESS! So I insta leave the testing site and drive off 10 minutes towards the hospital. Oh crap I forgot my birth certificate. I turn around and walk back in to the testing site and again everyone begins to stare at me, the druggy! They can't find my birth certificate and I tell them pleaseeeee get it now! Now the sweating druggy man is starting to create a disturbance. The finally find it.

I finally made it to the hospital and they tell me my appendix had probably burst in the morning. Thank god for narcotics!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Funny bowshooting story I just remembered

SO?? Did you get the job?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I did...
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Man you are lucky to have not passed out in the truck on the way to the hospital!

When my GF got her recurve she bruised up her forearm and one of her co-workers pulled her aside and asked if I had been "misstreating" her. It took them two days to ask her what the bruising was and for those two days everytime I picked her up all the women there would glare at me[&:]
Old 02-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dogboy-- I bet those women thought you were slapping her around. Yeah, I felt like passing out. I have never passed out in my life but I tell you what, I felt like I was going to die. Then when I got to the hospital they made me wait in the emergency room lobby for about an hour while they took people in who had broken fingers and rashes. I literally laid on the cold floor of the emergency room and just cussed for about an hour as I could do nothing to stop the pain.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:59 PM

Ill be honest if I would have seen you that day I would have probably judged you.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

My brother once went for a job that required a drug test.
There were 2 positions and 15 applicants got to the drug testing phase, only 2 passed, him and one other. I bet a few that failed were sweating and shaking for the drug test too
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ZachCL

Ill be honest if I would have seen you that day I would have probably judged you.
Now now Zach. Don't judge me because I go to drug testing centers wearing Tinks 69!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 AM

lol
Old 11-05-2009, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

TThats awesomeeeeee@

Quick Reply: Funny bowshooting story I just remembered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.