Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Speaking of Man Caves. >

Speaking of Man Caves.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speaking of Man Caves.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Speaking of Man Caves.

Rob, that looks great. The counter top is sweet and very unique, really compliments the bar and blends in with the look. Like the shooting lane, you have that covered. TP holder is ingenious, great touch. Let see, what else, ummm.......oh yeah you have way to many bows, ok, ok I am just jealous. Great job, keep it up. BTW, how far are you from Keystone country store?

Shane
Shane, not sure where the Keystone Country Store is. [&:] I should look it up but in reference, I'm about 20 minutes NE of Williamsport in Lycoming Co. And thank you!

Doug, thanks for the tip bud.

Thanks mossberg......

Looking good wallhangr

Thanks parker...

With my day off today, I got alot done. I was able to hang some more sheet rock (drywall) as well as start the shower walls/door. I say start as I'm missing pieces and that's a very sore subject with me. I was first missing ALL the hardware so I went back to Lowes and they gave me the hardware out of another box. Now I'm missing rubber seals and magnets etc for the damn door so another trip to Lowes! Oh well, I can pick up some more stuff....

Here's some updated pics.

So far and thanks again guys.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

lookin good
Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, you don't mess around, you are making great time with your project. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Shane
Old 02-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Looks beautiful butI really have to laugh, not at you but what you made me think of. It took me 5 years to complete my wifes office. I was just thinking how long this project has been and how many other bow hunters have the same problem, more time on archery than our projects.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Looks great! Call me dumb but will you have to step up into the shower? Reason I ask is for a long time I've been putting off installing a shower in our upstairs and not quite sure how I want to go about it.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:00 AM

Nice to see someone else using california corners when stick framing !!

Looks great. Cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Looks great! Call me dumb but will you have to step up into the shower? Reason I ask is for a long time I've been putting off installing a shower in our upstairs and not quite sure how I want to go about it.
Yes CM, when I plumbed the basement when it was built, I put the drain for the shower too close to the commode and sink, to have it moved off I had to run a drain under it so I raised it. I'll build a step and when it's all said and done, it'll be natural. Hell it's mostly for me anyway when I head out to hunt. It's a man cave.

Okay Blackfive, now call me dumb cause, What's a California corner? [&:]
Old 02-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good Rob. Are you off this week? Thats a hell of a lot of progress for working in the spare time! Going with tile on the floors? My tip....tile the walls. Drunk guys don't aim well.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Looks good Rob. Are you off this week? Thats a hell of a lot of progress for working in the spare time! Going with tile on the floors? My tip....tile the walls. Drunk guys don't aim well.
LOL, ask Ben about an insert that is lodged in a 2x6. We used to shoot through the studs at end of the bar.

As for flooring. I'm going to go with some sort of rock tile at the entrance and down the bar area. I'm going to carpet the rest.

I was off yesterday but the rest of the project is just nights and weekends.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

LOL, ask Ben about an insert that is lodged in a 2x6. We used to shoot through the studs at end of the bar.

As for flooring. I'm going to go with some sort of rock tile at the entrance and down the bar area. I'm going to carpet the rest.

I was off yesterday but the rest of the project is just nights and weekends.
I meant drunk guys don't aim the little weapon well.LOL

Quick Reply: Speaking of Man Caves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.