Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Happy with this site >

Happy with this site

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Happy with this site

Old 02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Happy with this site

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

The HNI forum is the best place in the world for us hunters. I've never learned so much with people I've never met face to face..

The key to this forum...Don't run out because you got mad at someone or some group of clicky people....

I have wanted to run..MANY TIMES....But I've developed myself over the last year..and I've embraced the people that I share common ground with..And I read the posts with an open mind everyday.

MW
Nothing to do with the people, the site itself is having issues with running/loading waaaayyyy slooooooow for about 5 or 6 weeks now!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Still slow as heck and I have had to log off and back on several times tonight.[:@] Wish they cared as much about getting the site working properly as they do about getting the adds to work properly,funny how they seem to be working just fine.[&:]
Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's running fine for me most of the time. No more adds, speed is better than it was a few weeks ago.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still around!!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

It's running fine for me most of the time. No more adds, speed is better than it was a few weeks ago.
You mean you don't see all of those ridiculous ads along the sides of almost every post in addition to the ones on top and bottom?

The ads, I understand, are a part of running a site offered "free" to users. The slowness is still here, though. Once they migrate to VB, it should be better I suppose. I'm just leary of what all will be lost during the transition.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

You mean you don't see all of those ridiculous ads along the sides of almost every post in addition to the ones on top and bottom?

The ads, I understand, are a part of running a site offered "free" to users. The slowness is still here, though. Once they migrate to VB, it should be better I suppose. I'm just leary of what all will be lost during the transition.
I installed Ad Block on Firefox and the adds just magically disappear. seems to be running a bit faster without the adds, but oftentimes i have to click twice on the link before it will start loading.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Still slow as heck and I have had to log off and back on several times tonight.[:@] Wish they cared as much about getting the site working properly as they do about getting the adds to work properly,funny how they seem to be working just fine.[&:]
This is almost verbatim what I posted a week or two ago. Actually, it's still slow as hell, and double clicking is the norm.[:@] Again, very sad. Sorry for the negitivity, but I have to call a spade a spade.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still around T.
I just don't post as much any more. My finger is tired. lol
The ads: Well just look at any magazine. Most of them have over 30% of their content in ads. I understand the ad guys pay my site fee.
The slowness issue: I'm sure it will get fixed, especially ifparticipation drops and the guys paying my site fees start leaving.
All will be well!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its still alittle slow on my work computer, but heck here at home all i can get is dial up and it is faster than before.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Same here.

Quick Reply: Happy with this site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.