Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pro Staff

Old 02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default Pro Staff

I know that pro staff is the new big thing in hunting. My question is would you take a pro staff spot if you dont believe in the product/equipment just to say you are on a prostaff? I am currently on a pro staff however I used the equipment several years before I was on their pro staff team. I will not go after a company that I dont already use just to have the "pro staff" status. I would also like to know if you wouldbe more apt to by a product ifsomeone famous ( Chuck Adams) was promoting it as apposed to someone that is just a real hunter with no big name?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pro Staff

I would never promotesomething I didn't believe in.

thepro in prostaff, after all, does stand for promotional.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use what I believe in, after all it is my "time" that would be being wasted if I were to go afield with equipment (apparrel) what-have-you that I didn't have the utmost faith in.

Perhaps the biggest difference to this thought is our biggest piece of equipment. The modern top of the line bows are all top-notch. If a Bow deal came along that was not my current equipment, I would consider my options.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't, spent too long in sales and if I don't believe in it, I can't sell it...
It is remarkably easy to talk about and promote products when you know that they are great and
the Company has good customer service for when things do go wrong...Customers can tell if you are
genuine or not, they see through imitators...

I will say, be cautious about some of these positions as they expect you to spend your own money to travel to and from shows and don't pay any salary...
Old 02-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't be on a pro-staff period unless there was something considerable in it for me. Be that a hunt, money or a considerable amount of free product (Lord put me on the Hevi-shot Pro-staff!!!).

Take those boys on the Primos video's..... they get paid to do what they do... I'd do that... absolutely.

However, there are a lot of bull chit staffs around now too.... it is to the point where there is very little 'pro' involved in pro-staff (unless you do as Kyle says and assume it stands for promotional... which I think it should.... but that ain't what most people... self included... think).

I have been asked to join a couple pro-staffs over the years... and turned them down. Most notably... G5.

There are a couple of companies though... I would put my name next too... if for nothing else than just to make my ego feel good or to mooch a couple of freebies while endorsing a company I believe in. That is mostly what these things are about anyway.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
bigcountry

I myself would never be Pro-staff for any product. I have seen what some have to do to be pro-staff, and no way is it worth a few bows a year. I just don't see how its worth it. Some have told me they like attention they get, or being called prostaff. I am not going to knock those who do it. But my personal time is way too precious to me.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd believe an average joe hunter before I'd believe a big star hunter about the products they promote. I think I would get a more honest report from Joe.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

My reply would be no.. Not for a product that I don't belive in or won't hold up. And if it were a company or product I did belive in I would but.... NO contract for me and I reserve the right to switch teams as it were or be able to say what I think about said product. Not many takers on that team, but if I feel it's junk I will say it, let the chips fall where they may....
Old 02-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still don't really know what it means to be a pro staff member. There was a company on this site recently advertizing for pro staff members. There was absolutely no job description listed for the position. (this seems to be typical )How do the people who applied for this position know what was expected of them? Was there any pay? I would never applyto a job posting that didn't contain a job description. How would I even know how to tailor my resume?

Anyway, I would only promote products that I believe in. I do pay attention to products indorsed by famous hunters in some instances. I also like to hear what the average hunter has to say about the products they use.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a prostaffer for Mossy Oak...call it "pro"motional, call it whatever you want. I'm looking at it as a possible doorway in to something that I enjoy doing. I believe MO is a great product. If I didn't believe in it, I wouldn't put my name with it. I would not promote a product just to have "pro staff" by my name if it was a half ass product.

Quick Reply: Pro Staff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.