Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bear Archery Showdown Bow >

Bear Archery Showdown Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bear Archery Showdown Bow

Old 02-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Spike

Default Bear Archery Showdown Bow

I am looking for my first bow and came across the bear showdown package. Does anyone have any experience with this bow? I have read some good reviews on it. Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 03:47 PM

Default RE: Bear Archery Showdown Bow

I bought a showdown last August.Its a very enjoyable bow to shoot, very quiet and forgiving. I thought about buying a higher dollar bow but opted for the showdown and I'm glad I did.Took a doe and a 9 point in the same day with this bow, both were complete passthroughs. Awesome bow.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Spike

Nice Man. Did you buy it as a package or did you put your own accessories on it?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont own the Show Down but have shot it several times. Like said earlier, this is a very enjoyable bow to shoot and very comfortable. I was deciding on 3 bows to buy, the Showdown, Lights Out and the PSE Stinger NI. I went with the Stinger NI. All 3 bows are excellent bows.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot a showdown as well, and again like above, it is a very nice bow to shoot, smooth and quiet. I bought as a package, depending on the price you are paying it might be the best way to go. Any package I've seen with Fred Bear bows comes with a Whisker Biscuit, Trophey Ridge Sight and Quiver, not to mention the string loop and peep sight...

The most important thing to do would be to shoot one and see how it feels, the nice thing about it is, you can set it at a range of draw lengths, which is why I liked it...I needed a longer draw
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO the Showdown would be a very good bow for someone new to the sport. We sell a ton of them at the shop, mostly to guys like yourself that are looking for their first bow or to guys that want a good hunting bow without dropping $1000 for a setup. The bow is very quiet and easy to shoot. It is not the fastest bow on the market, but I would assume you would expect that based on the price tag. I believe it is one of the better choices out there for a guys looking to get into archery, he does not have to spend a bunch of money, but he still gets a great shooting bow. Once you have it and have hunted with it for a few years you might want to decide to upgrade then, but the Showdown is a great hunting bow and there would really not be a reason to upgrade later unless you just really wanted to get into one of the high end bows. Great choice!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will like Bear bows, good luck and have fun
Old 02-19-2009, 06:15 AM

I did the setup myself. I put a Toxonics(if I spelled that right) sight on my bow along with a wiskerbisquet. Setting up this bow wasn't hard to do, howeverthe bow did come with a peep already installed. As was mentioned above this isn't the fastest bow but I also think a lot of guys put too much emphasis on owning the fastest bow.In other words, don't get caught up in the numbers.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default Bear Showdown quick ?

Is the Bear Showdown really limited to 60-70#s? seems like it should adjust lower for practice, is there no way to set it lower?

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
IMO the Showdown would be a very good bow for someone new to the sport. We sell a ton of them at the shop, mostly to guys like yourself that are looking for their first bow or to guys that want a good hunting bow without dropping $1000 for a setup. The bow is very quiet and easy to shoot. It is not the fastest bow on the market, but I would assume you would expect that based on the price tag. I believe it is one of the better choices out there for a guys looking to get into archery, he does not have to spend a bunch of money, but he still gets a great shooting bow. Once you have it and have hunted with it for a few years you might want to decide to upgrade then, but the Showdown is a great hunting bow and there would really not be a reason to upgrade later unless you just really wanted to get into one of the high end bows. Great choice!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Peak weight adjustment

Most likely Not, you will only be able to go down approx. 10lbs.
My son has a Showdown and you can safely turn out the limb bolts only 3 full turns,each turn will lower draw weight approx.2-4lbs.
If you buy the bow new the birth cirtificate on the string will tell you max peak weight which is what the bow will be shipped set on.
In my sons case the max peak weight was 72lbs when I set the bow up for him I decreased the peak weight for him turning out the limb bolts 2 full turns and came up with 64lbs,
You will be able to lower the peak weight approx. 6-12lbs although each bow is differiant.
As you can see in my sons case we lowered peak weight by 4 lbs per turn of the limb bolts therefore one more turn will set peak weight to 60lbs.

Quick Reply: Bear Archery Showdown Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.