Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

08 guardian

Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
bigcountry

Default 08 guardian

Anybody buy an 08 guardian? I did and cam lean was bad, and had rubbing cables at full draw. So I sent it back to bowtech. Things happen. Well, got it back, and appears they put new limbs on, but with all these pins installed at the ends of the limbs. I didn't think the guardian had issues with limbs.

They look kinda bad honestly, with the whole invelvet look and black cams, now, they added these shiney little pins to the thing. I am not tore to pieces over the looks however, but am very disappointed that I still have one cam still rubbing the cable.

Just shouldn't be. I have defended this company since 2003. I have sung thier praises for years. But its not acceptable not to get it right twice. If I want to send it back again, I would again have to pay 20+ dollars for shipping plus the dealer adds some. Cost me 40 dollars the first time.

Might be my last bowtech for a while.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 08 guardian

You didnt know the guardian had limb issues?

Dont ALL blowtechs, whoop, I mean bowtechs have limb issues..? Thats why I find it a bit odd when everyone sings praises about them. I definitely dont need bows blowing up in my face, so I'll stick with my Mathews.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

You didnt know the guardian had limb issues?

Dont ALL blowtechs, whoop, I mean bowtechs have limb issues..? Thats why I find it a bit odd when everyone sings praises about them. I definitely dont need bows blowing up in my face, so I'll stick with my Mathews.
I used to shoot mathews too. Lots of them had limb issues in 2000. Lots of them blew up in peoples face. But I never seen Mathews disappoint thier customers on a return froman Out of box defect. Thats what I am referring too here.

I know the generals had a recall. But I never seen a report of guardians or commanders.

I have had several bowtechs. And have always loved thier innovation. I still love my commander.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech has had "limb issues" for around 3 or 4 years now. At some point you would think they would stop overloading their bows and fix the problem.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:12 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Bowtech has had "limb issues" for around 3 or 4 years now. At some point you would think they would stop overloading their bows and fix the problem.
Bud, this post is not about that. I am trying to find out if others with 08's have Pinned limbs. And this is for the guardian.

If you don't have experience with this,then I understand how this post does not interest you.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an 08 Guardian. No pinned limbs. The only isue I had was my cables sliding past the stops. Took it to my dealer and he said the bow was fine but he installed these spacers to keep the cables from going past the stops. Maybe it's my aftermarket cable slide pulling the cables over too far. I plan on trying a different slide. Do you have any pics. of your situation?

Old 02-13-2009, 11:48 AM
bigcountry

Thanks for the reply, yep same issue you are having. But to fix they changed out my limbs.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did that totally fix the problem? You said you still have 1 cable rubbing. And do you have the stock cable slide on your bow?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

Did that totally fix the problem? You said you still have 1 cable rubbing. And do you have the stock cable slide on your bow?
I have a hyper glide but changed it out before I sent it back. It fixed one cam, but the other is still rubbing. Not as bad as before, but still. Just disappointing. You drop 500-600 for a bow, and out of the box, it sucks, send it back and still sucks.

I know lots of guys where thier guardians have no cam lean and shoots great. So I know they can make it work.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Banned

sorry to hear bud. I have an 07 and the bow is phenominal...no issues. I even dropped it from 30 ft up this year..no damage..and went on to kill 3 bucks and a doe with it. Love the bow. Hope u get some relief. It is the dealers duty to ship and repair or whatever..not yours..imo

Quick Reply: 08 guardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.