Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Defense against Mosquitos. >

Best Defense against Mosquitos.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Defense against Mosquitos.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Defense against Mosquitos.

What areyour tricks against these critters? I am planning on hunting in the river bottoms early part of this coming season. I know about the Thermocell. Just looking for something else?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Defense against Mosquitos.

What about good old bug spray? Something that contains Deet. I pretty much hunt swamps all year round from Fla. to Ga. and although I use a Thermacell a lot there are times I just spray all of my clothing down including my face mask and gloves before I head out. I hate the damn things. Don't forget about "TICKS"!! I also treat my hunting clothes with Permanone so I can avoid those damn things too. Ishould buy stock inone of the mosquito spray companies as much of that stuff as I use.

Dan
Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thermacell or Deet!

Nothing better

Dan
Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

I dont think your going to find ANYTHING better than a thermacell.................
Old 02-08-2009, 03:00 PM

Not even sure why you would pose the question already knowing about the thermacell.....you already know about the best option available for stand hunting.

If stalking or moving around, get some sort of bug dope that contains deet. Treat your clothes with permanone for ticks, and you should be set.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Thermacell's are an awesome product but sometimes you need "relief" before they start working. A lot times I have mine cranked up as I walk to my setup spot if i know I'm going to sit still but man that 10 min. or so it takes to develop that bubble of protection around you can seem like a looooong time when your getting chewed on. I'm assuming we're talking turkey hunting here, rt? I have to admit I will use bug spray deer hunting too but not as liberally as I do turkey hunting.

Dan
Old 02-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Don K

I dont think your going to find ANYTHING better than a thermacell.................
You got that right!
Old 02-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard that holding your breath will close your skin pores to close. This will keep them from being able to get their fangs in you. Try that and let me know how it works out for ya.[8D]

LT
Old 02-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey season an deer season. But, I am not going use those skeeters as a reason to stay out of the bottoms this coming season. I usually hunt upon highground,which has some good areas too. This year I am going to concentrate a lot on thosebottoms an alternate back an forth so I give each area a chance too settle down a little.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

THERMACELL!! I was a skeptic until I actually bought and try one. Worked great. I saw one mosquito every 20 minutes and before I turned it on, I was swarmed with about one million mosquitoes.

Quick Reply: Best Defense against Mosquitos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.