Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind >

Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

So I wanted a new ground blind. Previously I only owned a Ameristep Dog House. Although it was adequate, I really never was truly happy with it. I did miss a couple fall gobblers and took my birthday buck from that blind but I never felt concealed. The inside wasn't black and I felt it filtered in too much light and I was visible.

So I went ahead and made a purchase from Cabelas. Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

I chose this blind for both cost effectiveness, size, usability and shootability. I've hunted out of several Double Bull Matrix blinds and although very functionable, I consider them poor for shooting. Ask those who have sent a broadhead through the blind itself. I'm not a fan of the movable openings because if you open them too much, you allow too much light in, if you don't open them enough, your shooting window is merely a slit. Again, from experience from these blinds that make me not a huge fan, more than adequate yes but for the $$, there can be other choices.

Right out of the box:

I was surprised that it came in a nice carrying sack with back pack straps etc. I don't know why I was surprised but I was.

It weighs in at 17 lbs and on the back, it's not even there.

I went ahead and pulled it from the carrying case in the basement as it's still cold with a ton of snow outside.

Right out of the bag,

It opened very easily, identical to the Matrix or more expensive Primos (Double Bull) blinds.

A negative if you will would be the net windows. I won't ever use the mesh/net as a shoot through so most likely I'll just remove them all as they are Velcro. On a hunting blind, I feel Velcro is a no no as it's so loud.

I'm a big fan of the windows. They are more than adequate to shoot from and film from.

Another negative perhaps is the top of the windows. They do not zipper all the way to the top allowing some light in however they have a nifty little elastic holder if you will to keep them in place. It does allow for peeping 360 deg around the blind.

Total review, I'm impressed with the blind and seeing it's very large, very dark inside with more than adequate windows for shooting, I'll be anxious to put it through the paces this spring, not to mention it's $200 cheaper than a Matrix. I could by two for the price of one. Great blind, I recommend it.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

I bought a ground max last year, I am pleased with it.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, Nice looking blind. I purchased a blind from Cabelas that looked very similar. The reason I got rid of it was poor zipper quality, and it faded to a purple hue rather quickly. Hopefully those issues gotironed out with this blind.

I agree about the Matrix, I much prefer the layout of the Dark Horse. I even found a new T5 I may pick up this year for a song.

Dan
Old 02-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Rob, Nice looking blind. I purchased a blind from Cabelas that looked very similar. The reason I got rid of it was poor zipper quality, and it faded to a purple hue rather quickly. Hopefully those issues gotironed out with this blind.

I agree about the Matrix, I much prefer the layout of the Dark Horse. I even found a new T5 I may pick up this year for a song.

Dan
I know what what you mean about the purple hue, Would that be like this one Rick James has/had? (SORRY Matt )

Old 02-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

They only get worse[8D]

Dan
Old 02-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

faded to a purple hue rather quickly.
Mine did the same thing. Still ok if brushed in a little. I can tell you 2 things about this blind that I hate. 1. Height of shooting windows.(You need a high-chair to shoot out of without half standing/squatting) 2. The zippers are gosh-awful loud.(I would think for the price of a blind, they could come up with something quieter) Other than these 2 gripes, it's ok.

LT
Old 02-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a Primos Ground Max "Vision" and It shall serve me well, very nice blind.

I had bought a Ground Max "Eclipse" and it fell apart on the 3rd or 4th opening.... wait... you were there for that Rob... at Jeff's house.[8D]

Oh... and mine came with not only nice padded straps, but a drawstring pocket for a chair and another pocket for whatever else.[8D]

Oh... and my windows are magnetic
Old 02-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one real similar to that, and do alot of my hunting out of it, and saw one of my two mature deer out of it this year (and it was a half rack ) I agree with taking off the velcro, way to loud, but plenty of shooting windows, just try some chairs out before buying one for that blind, as my first one was kinda short. I also wish they would make a better door for a big guy. I hate crawling into the blind in the dark and crunching leaves, and every once in a while my boot will catch the blind and make a ton of noise. Other than the door and the velcro, I am satisfied.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice review Rob

Really liking that blind Rob , i'm gonna look into the shipping costs and might just order myself one . It gets great reviews alround , nice piece of kit .
Old 02-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Spike

I bought that same blind and put it out in early bow season. It never faded and held up to the outdoor environment very well. This is my first blind and my only complaint was that I could not see my pins very well in the morning and afternoon. Just not enough light coming in. The Primos blind does have a roof flap that can be opened to let more light in. Used it during shotgun and muzzle loader and loved it.

Quick Reply: Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.