Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question about outfitted hunts >

question about outfitted hunts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question about outfitted hunts

Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Spike

Default question about outfitted hunts

Do any of you guys know of or heard of any outfitters lowering their prices due to the economy? I'm not looking for names. I can't imagine everyone filling their camps this year.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:31 PM

Default RE: question about outfitted hunts

Be careful, a lot of times the ones that can't fill their camps are the ones that don't have repeat business from happy clients. "You get what you pay for."
Old 02-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I would think most of the reputable ones with proven track records have probably already signed up or will shortly sign up their camps. Most are repeat customers or friends of friends. If you check most of the good ones websites they're usually booked by June for the following fall. I can't see them dropping their prices the first year into this economic nightmare. When they start NOT filling them up they may do something... but I wouldn't look for it anytime soon. They're just now getting into the shows and all that where they'll get lots of bites.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, but you can bet there will be cancelations due to the economy. Some guides have a cancelation list that you can be put on. If somebody cancels at the last minute you can get some of these hunts at very discounted prices. Sometimes as much as half the original hunt cost! The only drawback is that last minute air fares can be steep.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Kodiak on this one...most "quality" outfitters with great hunts have waiting lists, they still should have enough folks to fill their camps. If you're considering any outfitter do your homework and talk to past clients.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Yah the most reputable ones probably will fill out if not already but I would think that it will catch them sooner or later, it has effected alot of people already and will continue to effect many more, eventually it will effect everyone.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Spike

I'm just wondering how this economy is going to effect the hunting world. I would imagine even guys that are financially ok are watching what they are going to spend on a trip. I'll see this week at the Harrisburg PA show. There are alot of outfitters there.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Good outfitters may have waiting lists, but my guess is they'll be getting shorter.

Outfitters I know that are friends (not the ones I hunt with) are telling a difference. One thing for sure it will definitely weed some of them out. I heard last weeka local outfitter was selling his house and lodge.

Anyone interested? $850,000 get you in the outfitting business[8D]

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

I saw another outfit in NM that is for sale...not sure on the price, but it's quite a setup!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

There will be some deals as the year goes on. I am friends with a lot of outfitters and they are telling me the cancellation rate is unreal. Also the people on the waiting lists are disappearing. Its gonna get ugly for the outfitters in the next few years. I am constantly getting emails from different outfitters cutting prices and having hunts on special. And some are extremely reputable outfits. If you have some extra money put away you will be able to get some unbelievable deals.

Quick Reply: question about outfitted hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.