kthanx. I've been out of this game afor a bit and I see a TON of new mechs out there- Rage, Undertaker/Meat Seeker, Reapers, etc. Rage seems to..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Best Mechanical/OOI heads >

The Best Mechanical/OOI heads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Best Mechanical/OOI heads

Old 02-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Best Mechanical/OOI heads

I shoot mechs at turkeys, and the Rocket Hammerhead is just devestating. It certainly isn't a head thats going to last a lifetime.... infact its pretty much a single use item.... but then so is a bullet and a piece of toilet paper.

Always worked on the thunder chickens.

Looking at it from a design standpoint, I think the Undertakers and Meat Seekers are about as solid and dependable an expandable as you'll find. A hunting buddy of mine shot a couple with Undertakers last year and he can't stop talking about how great they were.... helps that he is one hell of a shot too.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

8 seasons with Rocky Mountain Snypers, I've killed 10 deer, 2 turkeys with them, flawless. Incredible entrance hole, quick deaths. They are the head which created the Rage. 1/2" smaller, existing Oring/rubber band.

I'll use them until they no longer exist at this point. I'm that confident with them.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Used Rage this year and was more than happy. I shot 3 does and my buck. My buddy also used them and shot his buck and 5 does. All with Rage all withdevastating results.

Shane
Old 02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Grim Reaper 100gr Razortips on deer, bear, hog, and turkeys. Never failed.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 PM

I used the rage 3 blade 100 gr this year. Shot 6 deer with them, all clean pass throughs sticking in the ground. Allmajor damage, all down within 50 yrds. Oh yea and all does.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Used Rage 3 blades last year. The results were excellent! Ive never had quicker recoveries. I shot 3 times last season. 3 deer down. Cant beat that.

Like MAtt/Pa said though, they are one and done! but i really dont mind b/c when i see/hear the deer fall, its worth it. I think i will be packing SlickTricks in my quiver next year too though just b/c of the fixed head idea. Like i said, i never had a problem with the rage, i just want to simplify a tad... or at least have the ability.

Derek
Old 02-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

X2 on the Rocky Mtn. Snypers. You might say they're the father to the Rage. I'm a fixed blade guy these days but there was a time when they were all I shot. Hard to beat that 2 blade slipcam design. In all honesty I'm not a big fan of the three blade Rage design although others swear by them.

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

This may be biased since I have only used the Rage 2 blade, but I have had not 1 issue with them. They have not malfunctioned. I shot 5 deer this year, and have had a combined 110 yards of tracking, with 1 of them making it only 10 feet.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive used both NAP Spitfires and Rage 2 blades. Both are deadly. Either way you cant go wrong. I think i will stick with the SPitfires though, they dont have an o ring and i just didnt like how sometimes i would take the rages out of my quiver and the blades would be open.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eastman Outfitter's 100 grain Silver Strikes keep laying them down for me.

Quick Reply: The Best Mechanical/OOI heads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.