Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just got my 11-10-07 buck... >

Just got my 11-10-07 buck...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just got my 11-10-07 buck...

Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just got my 11-10-07 buck...

I think CornFed did not mean anything malicious by his statements. My Grandma always told me plain talk is easily understood.

It is obvious that the quality work is absent when you look at the Eyes, Ears, and Nose. I've been down this road before, and I'll guarantee you 5 years or less from now that Buck will be in even worse shape. I know I've had a couple of Pitiful mounts in my day.

He maybe an award winning taxidermist but that is not award winning work. Price is no true indicator of quality work.

As long as you are Happy that's All that matters. I personally would expect much more for $425, but that's me.

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I think CornFed did not mean anything malicious by his statements. My Grandma always told me plain talk is easily understood.

It is obvious that the quality work is absent when you look at the Eyes, Ears, and Nose. I've been down this road before, and I'll guarantee you 5 years or less from now that Buck will be in even worse shape. I know I've had a couple of Pitiful mounts in my day.

He maybe an award winning taxidermist but that is not award winning work. Price is no true indicator of quality work.

As long as you are Happy that's All that matters. I personally would expect much more for $425, but that's me.

Dan
X2....the eyes were the first thing that I noticed. You got yourself a great buck there, congrats!!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Grandma always told me plain talk is easily understood.

Dan
Yea,and my Grandma always told me "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

My Grandma always told me plain talk is easily understood.

Dan
Yea,and my Grandma always told me "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"!
Notice my 1st post![8D]

I wasn't going to say anything until you guys jumped all over Cornfed like a Red Headed step child justfor being Honest.

Being honest can hurt feelings, but it can also save someone money and/or heartaches down the road.

I wish someone had steered me right on my first few mounts.

The statements made take nothing away from the Buck or the Congrats I gave on tagging him.

In all seriousness, if someone can't see the errors in that mount, I sure wouldn't want you pickin my Taxi[8D]

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 AM

The OP posted a picture of his buck and his mount. The young man is obviously PUMPED about it, and he should be! I would be too.

If you buy a new car and show it to 100 people, if 99 people say "great car", and 1 says "bad car", who do you remember?

I see no call to be critical when he wasn't asking for a critique. If the mount isn't up to your standards leave it be, unless he asks.

-nosualc
Old 02-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your mount.

Shane
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I know I have opinions on things and if I can dish it I better be able to take it. Obviously, some people are more educated in the art of taxidermy than I am. I think it looks like a deer so I'm fine with the mount. My taxi has done three of my mounts and I think he has done a great job on all three. It isn't a big deal. To each his own. As long as I keep the skills to keep putting them on the wall nobody can critique me on that!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nosualc

The OP posted a picture of his buck and his mount. The young man is obviously PUMPED about it, and he should be! I would be too.

I see no call to be critical when he wasn't asking for a critique. If the mount isn't up to your standards leave it be, unless he asks.

-nosualc
EXACTLY! This is all I'm saying. Ill dude says "you asked for feedback" in his post.As you said, that was not the case. But, for what ever reason Dan deemed it neccessary to come to his defense because he was just being honest.You go ahead and "get honest" with everyone you see fault in/withthese days and you're probably going toget your chicklets knocked out! If I told everybody everything that I thought about them, I'd be in a grave. Food for thought.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I know I have opinions on things and if I can dish it I better be able to take it. Obviously, some people are more educated in the art of taxidermy than I am. I think it looks like a deer so I'm fine with the mount. My taxi has done three of my mounts and I think he has done a great job on all three. It isn't a big deal. To each his own. As long as I keep the skills to keep putting them on the wall nobody can critique me on that!
This is what really matters.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 AM

A well put and classy response louddrummer69.

-nosualc

Quick Reply: Just got my 11-10-07 buck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.