Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 AWESOME encounter >

AWESOME encounter

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AWESOME encounter

Old 02-02-2009, 02:06 PM

Default RE: AWESOME encounter

Cool pics. The summer before last I was fishing and seen one swoop down and pick a fish right out of the river about 30 yards from me. Fist time seeing a bald eagle in person.

I also seen one attack a red tail hawk in mid air about this time last year. The hawk had a small animal and the eagle must of thought he needed it cause he sure as hell ended up with it.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is wild, I have never seen anything like that before.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are an Awesome bird and quite the Predator!

I saw my 1st one years ago in Nova Scotia. I'll never forget it!

Dan
Old 02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

There is at least one nesting about a 1/2 mile from an area I hunt........huge nest. Saw one flying over the family's Indiana property a few weeks ago, first time saw one there. Wife, daughter and I saw one while driving down a rural highway a few years ago feeding on something dead alongside the road and it took off as we approached it......couldn't believe it would come that close to the public or roads.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not saying Im special or anything but I see this a lot. Last week I was driving to work, a bald eagle and about twenty crows were chomping on a doe that got hit. I live on a lake and the neighbor had put up a telephone poll with a platform on it for the eagles to nest on. They haven't used it yet but they are everywhere and they are truely an amazing bird. I will try to get some pics sometime
Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome, the only time I've ever seen bald eagles in the wild was in 2006 when I was hunting some river bottoms in central Indiana during shotgun season..I watched one of them try to swoop down on fish, it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Beautiful creatures, nice pics
Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the pictures. I'll be sure to pass them on to my parents.

Sounds like I'm the only one not seeing them!

They are just somewhat rare around Central IL.

Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Spike

This season I had two about 75 yards behind me on the river start calling as the sun came up....made me feel like I was way up north in the old growth forests!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Spike

Wow...I never thought of it but I guess it's something we take for granted in northern MN. It's not uncommon for me to see several a day. Really cool birds. Everytime I see one up close their size always amazes me. I've seen them grab rabbits and squirrels, eat carrion on the side of the road, and actually nab swallows straight out of the air. Defineitely very powerful birds.

Cool pics
Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Living by the Mississippi River means we see them all the time, I know in a lot of the country they are still relatively rare. Around here, their main winter diet is picking through the manure farmers spread on fields[&:].....they seem to like hog poo best.

Quick Reply: AWESOME encounter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.