Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well thats it.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well thats it.

Well thats it. Ohio Deer season is officialy over. I didn't make it out today. I planned on it but was so tired I got up and realized I was to tired to sit in a stand. Oh well. On to Coyotes and then turkey.

I'm always sad to see the end though.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well thats it.

You seem like the kind of guy that puts in a good effort and sits back and thanks god for his days in the woods...
I'm sure you enjoyed it![&:]
Old 02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Well thats it. Ohio Deer season is officialy over. I didn't make it out today. I planned on it but was so tired I got up and realized I was to tired to sit in a stand. Oh well. On to Coyotes and then turkey.

I'm always sad to see the end though.
It is a let down isn't it?[&o] That's why I was out doing some post season scouting today. I found what I believe is an annual rubbing tree. You can see the healing collar from past rubbing.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I spent most of yesterday Post Season scouting

Turkey for me in KS. is just about 9 weeks away.

Dan
Old 02-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

You seem like the kind of guy that puts in a good effort and sits back and thanks god for his days in the woods...
I'm sure you enjoyed it![&:]
Though I didn't take a deer with a bow this year (or last year actually) I did take one with a gun. But the highlight was hunting with my oldest daughter most of the season. I think I spent more hunts with her as the shooter than me. I'd rather her shoot one anyway. And though we lost her deer (found it after the coyotes) she did technicaly get her first kill. So I had a blast this year. I would have liked to watch the sunset from the tree but oh well.

And yes I thank God for every second I get to spend in the woods. Especialy time with family doing what I love.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didnt get out today either. I finished the year with 47 sits i beleive, and 99 deer sightings. I scored with the shotgun, but not the bow. I learned a tonm though and thats all that matters.