Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It's all about ME! >

It's all about ME!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's all about ME!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's all about ME!

First off, I do not know the thread at all so I am strictly speaking to this thread.

I guess I sort of see both sides. Yes, people are very often too quick to judge and will bash someone or something when a simple call could/would fix the situation. On the flip side, there are times when a consumer does get just plain screwed. It is those times when public complaints are warranted. I want to know when a company/person treats its consumers badly so I can be more informed when making a purchase, especially b/c so many things in this sport sell for a significant percentage of my annual income and if I get jipped I can't just run out and pick up a new one.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

After everything thats happened the last 6 days in western KY, Im still amazed at how alot of us came together and helped each other out. I know that the people in good ol' KY are a different kind of people than what you'll find in alot of parts in the US. But my perspective on humanity and selflessnessin people has improved dramatically..
Old 02-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually don't do the "kids these days" critiques, but I guess as I get older and pay more taxes . . .

Anyway, a couple of posters are accurate to point out that this is the nature of the beast and inevitable with a nearly anonymous message board. One person out of millions can stir up crap or have an agenda against someone or something. This part of message boards, including the anti-newbie, the know-it-all mentality (which I've been guilty of), and the chest thumping is inevitable. However, I prefer too much information to the good ole days of no internet and message boards. I've learned a lot from this site. You just have to get good at separating the wheat from the chaff.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm frankly a little dissapointed! I thought this thread was going to be all about you!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

However, I prefer too much information to the good ole days of no internet and message boards. I've learned a lot from this site. You just have to get good at separating the wheat from the chaff.
Well said LH.