Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HUGE PROBLEM!!!

Old 04-16-2003, 10:41 AM

Default HUGE PROBLEM!!!

Hey guys,

As most of you know, I have been waiting for the guys at my pro-shop to get back. They were out with injuries, so, they were taking time off. Anyways, I havn' t called them for about a week and a half. Well, I called today, and got a message saying " This phone number has been temporarly disconnected" . Well, that caught my attention, so, I just made a trip over there. I looked in the windo and EVERYTHING IS GONE. There is nothing at all. The only thing remaining is the sign outside. THEY CLOSED DOWN!!!!!! Now, to make this situation worse............ THEY HAVE ALL MY PAPER-WORK FOR MY BOW!!!! The only thing I have is the receit. They were going to get all the paper-work ready and have it ready for me to pick up when they closed awhile back. So, I don' t have any of the paper work. Now, to make this story EVEN worse is that the serial number on my bow was never put on the sticker on the limb. It just has the draw length, model, and draw weight. I havn' t got to register the bow, and now it looks like I never will. [:@] Talk about a load of crap.

What do you guys think I should do? E-mail BowTech and tell them my story and see if I can still register the bow? Or do you think that if anything happens to the bow, I am up sh&$ creek without a paddel?
Old 04-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-16-2003, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HUGE PROBLEM!!!

Man Buck Magnet that really stinks. Do you know the guys personally so you can contact them at home to find out where your paperwork went to? Just a thought. I would e-mail Bow tech and explain the situation. I would think that they would have records of bows that were shipped to that shop. Then if there were more than 0ne of your model shipped to them, you may be able to narrow it down to your bow by process of elimination of bows that were registered and those not. Good luck man. I think that a little detective work would get you some answers. As far as being up a creek, I doubt it. I shoot a Q2, and I know that my dealer said that if I am ever on a trip and have a problem, just find a mathews dealer and everything will be taken care of. But I do think that Bow Tech will have info on your bow as it was shipped to your local ( or should I say previous) dealer. Best of luck.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m not sure what to tell ya. But , awhile back there was a thread on here about a bunch of bowtech bows that were stolen. Is it possible these guys bought stolen bows? It sounds pretty weird that the serial number was missing and they should have given you all the paper work when you bought it.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

Hey I meant to write something else on there and forgot, than I see that New Hunter brought it up. I had the same thought. Look really close all over your bow, I bet the serial # will be on there. It is engraved on my Q2 down where the riser meets the bottom limb pocket.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

BM,

Why don' t you drop BowtechShooter a line? I am sure he can help you out in this regard...and he might have some info on the shop in question since they are/were an authorized Bowtech dealer.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:35 AM

That blows[]

But I am sure BowTech will help you out
Old 04-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

If it' s a 2003 bow,the serial number is located on the side of the riser above the grip.As long as you have a dated sales receipt you should be able to register your warranty information.I would call or email Bowtech and explain what happened,I' m sure they will take care of the paper work.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:29 PM
nub

You should wrap it up and ship it out to me. I' ll find the serial number for ya and get you everything ya need. Then when I' m done makeing sure it still shoots OK, I' ll get' er right back to ya.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

BM.
Ken Rose is right the serial number is stamped on the riser.
just log onto BT' s web page and you can register it online.

I would also give Ray at BT a call and let him know about the shop closing.

Quick Reply: HUGE PROBLEM!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.