Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Post your 2008 Deer Mounts >

Post your 2008 Deer Mounts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Post your 2008 Deer Mounts

Old 02-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Post your 2008 Deer Mounts

they look great guys keep em commin
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Spike

Rob,

I thinkwhat you said makes a lot of sensebut let me add something. It's not just the fact some of these taxidermists (especially lower priced ones) are not very busy (some are) but the quality of the work is obviously missing. There is such a wide range of taxidermists out there from outright "Hacks" to a handful of guy's getting $700.00 a shoulder mount. If someone's work is "World Class" youCAN'T expect to get it back in a couple month's. Unlike many "Jobs" aProfessional Taxidermist must possess creativity, talent,mastery of the trade &tools and years of experience and knowledge of the animal or fishthey are mounting.Call it a Career if you will. It's something someone does with their life not just their day's.

As a World Class Taxidermist once told me "there is a taxidermist out there for just about every price range someone is willing to pay or can afford to pay". Some people are happy with a $250 Whitetail mount and some may prefer a $700 dollar mount. It's what ever makes them happy.

By the way, you must have the same Taxidermist I do! It takes about a year to get your Whitetail mount back from this guy but it's worth the wait. When you do finally getyourWhitetail backRob it should blow you away. Not only will you be proud of it but you will have a mount you can look at and enjoy for year's.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree on the whitetails.

But does he also do elk, turkeys, exotics, bears, fish, small game etc.? ?

My taxi is also a very good friend of mine but I don't expect special treatment. I'll get it when I get it and that's fine. IF I get pushed up in line, some else is waiting. I wouldn't want that if I were waiting. He's a full time taxi and is swamped, he's got guys helping him out as well.

I don't mind the wait though, I take one in, pick one up. Seems like a win, win. LOL
LOL Rob, I called Chris this morning to invite he and Paulie back for an elk hunt. I'm willing to bet he's up to his elbows doing mounts and could not answer the phone. I will hear from him in a week's time. He is one awesome guy and a heck of a taxi-that's coming from a guy in Colorado and talking about a guy working in Penn. Pretty amazing man....
Old 02-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

Here is my 08 doe. I'm still waiting on my buck. Schultzy, I hope these pics are better for ya than the last ones.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not even gotten back my 07 deer and turkey mounts as yet, muchless thinking about the 08 mounts. Where I live here there's really two excellent guys doing taxidermy and both are a PIDA to deal with. I wish I can find someone in the USA to do my mounts now.
I saw a beautiful 2008mount the other day on this site, can't now remember the name of the member. Was a pedistal mount. If I could get that taxidermist, I'll do that without any hesitation.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that doe mount looks awesome.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heres my first buck with a bow

And ill throw one in from November

Old 02-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

My taxidermist is not speedy by any means, but I think he does great work so I let him take his time. He also sends his stuff out to get tanned, I believe down in OH that and he always has a bunch of work to do.
Here are two mounts I just got back within the last two months. I see allot of great mount posted on the net, but then again I see some pretty shabby looking ones as well. But if the folks are happy with them thats all that matters. I do get a kick out of the guys that won't spend the extra $150 to go to a good taxidermist, you have to look at the darn thing the rest of your life.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Excellent looking mounts 5575!!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Spike

Kamil & 5575,

Those are some awesome looking mounts! They look more like "Competition Quality" then standard commercial work.

Did Tri-State do either of those?

Quick Reply: Post your 2008 Deer Mounts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.