Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm in the E.R.  (Updated on page 4 with the story) >

I'm in the E.R. (Updated on page 4 with the story)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm in the E.R. (Updated on page 4 with the story)

Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: im in the er

Praying for you. Take care of your body man. It is the most important thing you have in life.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok here's an update. The tears are pretty bad. Turns out I was pretty close to dying by the time I called 911. You don't gotta wory though I'll be back into good shape in 2 weeks. Which is tragic because we have 5 games over that period of time. But you guys want to talk pain and being scared...
I'm home now but I'm not allowed to do anything strenuious to aggrevate it and it will just heal itself. I'm a hockey goalie and in my last game I got ran into and that's what caused it now what aggrivated it I'm not sure. But keep praying cause I hate watching the games from the sidelines.

Thankyou for everyone for keeping me in your mind. And that was the scariest day of my life.

Ryan.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank God you called when you did! Still in my prayers!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get better Ryan!

Dan
Old 01-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear they found out what was wrong, you take it easy and get better now.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Times like this when you find out who your friends are. And apparently I've got some good ones here.

Ryan
Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take it easy and don't push It Ryan. You've got the rest of your life to play hockey bud!!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I'm glad you got to the hospital when you did. I read this right after you posted the first message. I didn't have time to post but I have been praying for a good outcome for you. It sounds like your getting that. Its hard to believe you can have tears in your lungs and they still work. Its beyond me I geuss.

Anyway listen to those doctors and take it easy. And get better soon.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah. You wanna talk about a feeling where your totally helpless...

Here is the full story. Durring my game vs the Allageney Badgers I got ran into...... Hard (i'm a goalie) and it took me a minute to get up because I thought my lip was bleeding... I diddnt notice the chest pain (imagine that) And I played the game and durring the third period I started to feel like I was having what i suspect an Asthma attack would be. Well I shrugged it off and played that game and then a second game 3 hours later. (we won both first was 6-3 and second was 9-0) So monday I worked both of my jobs totaling like 12 hrs+ change.... Well I went home and felt short of breath again and didnt think anything of it again. Tuesday was normal all day long woke up rode to pitt with my boss's suburban got these hockey bags and equipment for him as a favor.... day was going great. Went to work from 530-1030 And then at 1030 I left work and the entire time i was at work i felt the shortness of breath. Well on the way home i stopped to drop off my movies and ordered food. to pick up while i was in the neighborhood. well i dropped the movies off and i was like wow Im starting to get numbness in my face and overtop my heart... That was when i started to worrry... So i go to this bar and get the food and pay for it the entire time im at the bar waiting im like Gasping for air trying to take a deep breath but I cant get enough air is what it felt like. this is about 10:50 (turns out everytime i did that I was getting enough and the extra was going into my chest) So I get back in my truck and i text my friend whos a nurse im like hey rach Whats an asthma attack feel like? she told me and i was like wow I think im having one as we speak. So I drove almost the enite way home Gasping for air and by then my legs were tingling along with my face chest arms and then it started to get scary. My fingers started to curl in ways they shouldnt like my fingers were locking up on me and ther was nothing i could do I was like a block from my house and my head was spinning I said to myself aloud : I need to get as close to the hospital as I can for the Ambulance. Well i turn my truck around and im driving down the road fingers are doing whatever they want and then it started into my legs... Now I have a hurt muscel in the back side of my left leg and when it spread into there was when i burst into tears... It was flexing my muscel and tightening it so tight that I was screaming in pain. I got to a place where I knew the ambulance was gonna be able to see me 100% (I stopped in the middle of a busy intersection and turned my 4 ways on) it took me 11 tries to dial 911 with my hands shaking and fingers doing whatever they wanted. At this point my legs were comming up off the floor of the truck and my chest was starting to flex so tight i had to start to curl in aswell. I was sooo scared right now I diddt know what was happening. I was starting to get tunnel vision as i was talking to the ambulance driver Scared out of my mind and Finally she says do you see the ambulance yet?? and she sounded like she was 10000 miles away... I just remember looking up seeing it and saying yes dropped my phone and reached down to open the truck door as the ambulanace attendant came to my door. Well he helped me get out of the truck and into the ambulance where he helped me uncurl from the ball type posisition i was in sorta similar to the fetal position Well he put an Iv in me and because i got as far as i did toward the hospital we were there in like 3 minutes tops. I was sitting in the ER trying to catch my breath and the doctor came over to me and helped me to control my breathing and he was like ohh well were gonna give you something to help you relax.... WOW. I was sitting there on my cell phone (my fingers began to work again i forgot that part) and that stuff kicked in. People were talking to me all i could think about was what I was doing on my cell phone.... not a care in the world.. It was bad... Well anyhow They did an X ray X ray some type of scan they injected me with stuff blah blah blah I ended up getting into my room at 5am and then the nurses came in ever 30 minutes and woke me up to check if i was still ok... then they said rated the pain on a 0-10 I was like ok well 10 is like loosing a limb so prolly a solid 9..... She gave me something and boy I'll tell you what I was fading in and out of concious on that one. I think i did a post while that was going on aswell... It turns out I have Rips (tears) in my lungs from that collision And everytime i took a deep breath it was just spewing the excess that i was inhailing into my chest cavity. Basically I got the air i needed and then some on every breath. So one grain of sand at a time I made a sand castle.... (thats a heck of an analogy for it lol)

Im tired of typing and i keep coughing so Im gonna head back up to my bed.

Just wanted to say thankyou to you all for everything and your prayers keep them comming i need all the help i can get cause I just talked to the coach from the college im going to about a spot and he realllly wants me so...

Ryan.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 PM

man, hang in there bud

Quick Reply: I'm in the E.R. (Updated on page 4 with the story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.