Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i need some warm gloves for bowhunting >

i need some warm gloves for bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i need some warm gloves for bowhunting

Old 01-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default i need some warm gloves for bowhunting

my hands are always cold and no gloves i get seem to keep them warm. with bowhunting i have to have relatively thin gloves so i can use release pretty easy. does anyone have reccommendations on gloves?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i need some warm gloves for bowhunting

I use my own method of wearing athin glove that I can use my release with, but as a kicker I use a thick winter glove that is slightly too big for my hand in general. When it starts to get cold I slide my thin glove and the release in the winter glove, it can get a little uncomfortable so you may need to slide the release to the top or bottom of your wrist. I have not had any problems with slowly taking the outer glove of and hooking up the release and you know the drill from there...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

No thin gloves will keep your hands warm. What I found works best for me is to use my thin gloves, hand warmers and a muff. I think that's the only way to keep your hands warm.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

UA Glove liners and then a Wool glove liner over that work nice. Personally I usually only wear the UA liners or nothing at all.

I dislike gloves![:@]I usually always have a handwarmer in each pocket to warm my hands up should the need arise though

Dan
Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check Out Manzella Bow Hunting Gloves. Cow-Grain Leather Palm - Provides excellent grip in all weather conditions. Exclusive Bow Release Collar™ - Allows bow release to be worn next to skin, without compromising protection from the elements. Hidden heat pack pocket - Allows for added warmth when needed. Thinsulate™ Insulation - 40 gm of insulation provides lightweight, reliable warmth.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

Check Out Manzella Bow Hunting Gloves. Cow-Grain Leather Palm - Provides excellent grip in all weather conditions. Exclusive Bow Release Collar™ - Allows bow release to be worn next to skin, without compromising protection from the elements. Hidden heat pack pocket - Allows for added warmth when needed. Thinsulate™ Insulation - 40 gm of insulation provides lightweight, reliable warmth.

I've got a pair of those.They are awesome gloves!!But when it's seriously cold (20's, teen's, and below) the hand muff with THREE Grabber hand warmers (24hr duration)can not be beaten! I'm talking bare hands heretoo!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hate wearing gloves as well
the gloves i have now are also 40 gm. would these be any warmer?
i was kind of looking at a higher insulation gloves like this:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...005&r=view

tell me what you think
Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

two words - hand muff. i use onewith a pair of underarmor liner gloves. i've tried half a dozen pair of gloves, and all were cold to some extent. all except for the muff. i've worn them this past season in temperatures dropping below -10. my hands were warm and toasty.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowhuntn87

two words - hand muff. i use onewith a pair of underarmor liner gloves. i've tried half a dozen pair of gloves, and all were cold to some extent. all except for the muff. i've worn them this past season in temperatures dropping below -10. my hands were warm and toasty.
could you get me a link to the hand muff you use, and the under armour gloves?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0048210960427a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=undera mor+liner+gloves&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&amp ;N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabela s%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

this is the link the gloves... i have them in realtree.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0017262921324a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=hand+muff&Ntk=Products&am p;sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort= +&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2 Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

this is the muff. if the weathers below 15 or 20 i throw a handwarmer inside.

Quick Reply: i need some warm gloves for bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.