Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tree stand or ground blind? >

Tree stand or ground blind?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree stand or ground blind?

Old 04-15-2003, 11:59 AM

Default Tree stand or ground blind?

What do most of you hunt out of..a tree stand or a ground blind..is there a reason you do so if you hunt from a ground blind? I hunt out of a tree stand but i' ve been thinking about using a ground blind for a certain area because there are no good trees around...just seeing what you guys/girls do.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree stand or ground blind?

Ground blind/spot and stalk

no chance of falling out, can move to get a better shot, and I can get closer to a hung up deer instead of just having to sit there and watch the deer walk away.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your gona use a ground blind make double sure your odur free . Sent lock and the rest . I' ve been winded lots more from the ground that from a tree stand but I' ve been winded from the tree allso .
Old 04-15-2003, 02:26 PM

Ground hunting.......LOL

Didn' t know there was such a thing[:-]
Old 04-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve been considering getting a ground blind... guess I' ll have watch this post and see what the popular opinions are
Old 04-15-2003, 02:56 PM

A tree stand is not " all purpose," as a ground blind is not " all purpose." Select the right tool to do the job.

If the location permits, I prefer the ground blind over the tree stand. Sometimes the ground blind might mean having a tree stand 24" to 36" off the deck.

Although I always have at least 4 tree-stands up, I have made kills off from the ground, and for the last few years most of my kills have been made from the ground. Apart from sometimes hanging a strip of slotted camo cloth in front of my position, I always use natural cover.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:33 PM

Mostly treestand for me.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use both. Why limit yourself to only areas with quality trees for treestands?
Old 04-15-2003, 04:00 PM

I use both, but since I started hunting from a Double Bull blind I have almost completely switched to a ground hunter. It is so much more fun in the blind. It' s also more comfortable and safer too. I can also take my son out hunting with me no problem, and spending time with my boy is my top priority. I don' t think I will ever completely give up treestand hunting, but I definately like hunting from my comfy Double Bull better than sitting in a cold tree.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

I am 6' 4" with a football player build. If I fall out of a tree, it could be the end of humanity...Just kidding, I do hunt out of a tree, like above, why limit your self
I love hunting out of my Double Bull Blind because I can sometimes get figity and move around. in a blind you don' t have to worry about it. The only problem with the grond blind is that if you have your shoot threw netting up it will take about 10-15 min. off your hunt in the afternoon.

Quick Reply: Tree stand or ground blind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.