Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you get nervous??? >

Do you get nervous???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you get nervous???

Old 01-24-2009, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you get nervous???

I never got excited before the shot. Even way back when I was new. After the shot, or after a closeencounter with no shot, I would shake like crazy.
Now, I don't really shake much after the shot either. Especially a doe, I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but I amin full control. A big buck depends on the situation. If I see it fall I'll get a little shakey/anxious. This past yearthe thought of placingbad shot on him erased any and all"good" excitement...Until he went down and I was happy.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am pretty much the same. I am very under control before the shot, and wreck after the shot. That is the feeling after the shot is what I live for. It is the reason why I am getting ready to leave the house and go shed hunting when it is 9 degrees outside today. I have always said that if that feeling ever goes away, then it is time for me to find a new passion.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Spike

As soon as I decide that I'm going to shoot at a deer my heart starts beating faster and faster. I sometimes even start to breath hard as if I was just running or something. I think I need to work on calming myself down before I have a heart attack or something.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still get excited before the shot. I tell myself "it's just a deer" regardless of the species. It is my way of calming my nerves. It seems to work. I am completely calm during and after the shot. I did start crying afterI arrowed my African lion...tears of happiness.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a wreck after the shot most times. Before I'm to focused...butI do get anxious and excited. I got that way weither its a young doe or button buck I'm not going to shoot or a 150" buck I'm hoping to shoot....Thats one huge reason I hunt...

The worst I ever got was was when I took a kid from church hunting. We were hoping for his fist buck (he'd shot a doe before) we had a half rack buck at 30 yards (shotgun hunting) he froze up on me and never took the shot. I was so excited that my leg was shaking.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

if it is a doe, i could really care less, but i have never shot a buck before with my bow, so i really don't know how i would react, but i never really shake with does even when they are out of sight.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:17 AM

Nervousness? NERVOUSNESS?! We don't need no stinking nervousness!

Who's nervous? I'm not nervous? WHO said I was NERVOUS!?

There is no room for nervousness when the moment of truth has arrived... [8D]

I don't know. That moment has not arrived yet for me.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to get exicted before the shot. I missed a couple because of it. I learned how to calm my nerves until after the shot. This years buck was on video and there is 1.5 minutes of nothing after the shot and I thought I turned the camera off rightafter the shot. The rush is what it's all about.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

My nerves have calmed a lot over the years. I am usually calm and slow through the shot. And lately I am pretty calm after the shot as I know I still have work to do especially if I did not see the deer expire within sight. I used to get very excited and nervous just seeing deer, I couldn't control it.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you get nervous???
You bet!! To be honest though I'm much worse after the shot has been taken. My biggest bear I was pretty nervous (knees shaking In my stand when I shot him). Climbing down the tree and the walk out was 100 times worse though. I must of dry heaved 40 times on the way out. The excitement hit me big time knowing that I was pretty sure he was dead. It was my most exciting hunt ever!!!!

Quick Reply: Do you get nervous???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.