Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best gamecam setups >

Best gamecam setups

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best gamecam setups

Old 04-14-2003, 10:36 PM

Default Best gamecam setups

I`ve had my game camera for about 4 years and I have taken some great pistures. Set up of the camera is a learning experiense. Ive setup over rub lines which is my favorite to get good pictures, food, drip bottle or scents, and scrapes. I would like to hear your stories of your favorite setups.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best gamecam setups

Like to hear few of these myself. I just purchased my first game cam. Going through the experimental stages. Just had my first roll of film sent in for developing. Course probably half those pics are of me testing it out. In process of trying different brands of alkaline batteries, see which one gets greatest sensor distance. When I get my pics back that' ll help alot on camera position, height up tree, and so forth. I got alot to learn yet I' m sure!
Old 04-16-2003, 09:27 PM

So far, I have gotten pics of deer, elk, javelina, bear, coyote, bobcat, and turkey. Here in AZ, the setup is easy. Find a reliable water source and set it up.
When I pinpoint the area I want to aim the cam at, I crouch to the animals level and look at the cam. This basically tells me what height I need.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

I have gotten a few different pics myself, I have 6 cameras setup at this time and just move them on road beds this time of year. I have gotten pictures of fawns, does, bucks, turkey' s, cranes, beaver, dogs, racoons, coyotes, bobcats and even a mouse. I have most of the pictures listed on my site if anyone would like to see. All pictures are taken using a moultrie camera.

http://rolltidebama.com/gamecam.htm
Old 04-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Doemasters, do you have the game cam II? I just bought my first. It looks like your getting better distance than I am on the sensor. I' m getting about 25 ft on mine. What distance are you getting? Any tips or tricks you can give me?
Old 04-20-2003, 12:33 AM

Do any of you set your camera up over food.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:54 AM

you will get a lot more pics if you set up over food. we have a guy who has an apple orchard lets us get a truck load off the ground put a big pile of apples or corn you will get a lot more deer and just about every thing else
Old 04-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Here' s a pic from my first roll:

Old 04-22-2003, 01:40 PM

Nice pic of the yote.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:30 PM

For those who have not already, should visit http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com

Check out the homebrews (home made game cams)....extensive amount of directions to building your own home made game cams, also a good forum for asking questions and getting tips. The rest of the forums are also good.

Toby

Quick Reply: Best gamecam setups

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.