Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

College Hunters

Old 01-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default College Hunters

I seen a few posts from people who say they are in college. Where does everyone go and how is your hunting?

I am originally from the Green Bay/Appleton area in Wisconsin and I go to UW-La Crosse. There is a lot of public and forest crop land out here and its been awesome seeing some nice bucks out here. I almost went to Milwaukee, and I know I would have never had any opportunity to get out in the woods there.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: College Hunters

Well, the hunting wasn't bad...the killing was....lol. I ended up getting a doe with my rifle, but was unsuccessful with my bow. I am attending college at Central Christian College of Kansas. I am only about 2 hours from home, so I got to hunt quite a bit, but not enough...[&:]
Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Kalamazoo, Michigan and go to Western Michigan University. I hunt a 117 acre plot and probably had at least 40 different chances to shoot a doe and maybe 4 shots on bucks. Only two of which I took shots at with my bow and missed both, but oh well, I learned a lot for my first hunting season and will hopefully be successful next year.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:26 PM

I live in Hobart, OK and go to school at Oklahoma State University (OSU) in Stillwater, OK.

I am about 3 hours away, so when I drive home to hunt I usually make it a 3 day weekend
Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I go to the University of Cincinnati.... graduating in June.I had a good year bowhunting-wise.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I go to finger lakes right now in NY, not sure where im going to transfer to. Hunting was good for me this year!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

I just finished college in May 2008 but my hunting was basically limited to weekends during school. I went to school only 20 miles from my house so I did get a chance occassionally to make it out on weekdays but not too often.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be there in a couple years. No Idea where I'm going to go though.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 AM

Like Okbowhuter I also go to Oklahoma State University. Originally from Canadian Tx and thats about 4 hrs away, but I am fortunate, the man I work for has about 180 acres that I hunt(and its just an opening of the back door and I am in the woods, got lucky enough to live here) and I also had about 3000 acres I was able to hunt on, mostly just grass but had pockets of wheat and creek bottom. My year was great got 6 does all bow,and had an absolute blast, I will be graduating in May so I will be moving to Elk City Ok to work onan angus/commercial ranch that is 30,000 acres, really pumped about the hunting out there, its gonna be a ton of work to get it all scouted out but if I can it will be awesome.

Oh and Rory just a sidenote, Oklahoma State is rated #1 in America for cost and quality. just keep that in ming. lol
Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 AM

I'm a sophomore at Kent State University here in Northeast Ohio. My high school was only about ten minutes away from campus and since I live so close I just commute to school. It makes it pretty nice hunting-wise because I can still go to all my previous spots. Harvested 3 does this year and passed a ton of other deer. Got about a week left of bowseason here so I am still at it!!

Quick Reply: College Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.