Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Christmas Eve Doe >

Christmas Eve Doe

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Christmas Eve Doe

Old 01-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Christmas Eve Doe

I know it has beena while since i took the beautiful doe, but i just am getting all the pics together and wanted to post some of them for you all's enjoyment.
It was December 24th for an evening hunt and the temp was about 2 degrees at 2 in the afternoon and i know that it continued to drop from there. Anyhow, got home from work just after 2 and cleaned up, changed, and headed for the treetops.
To start out, here is the crisp view that i had that evening from South to the North. (notice all the trafic in the field)

Sat for quite a while before there was any activity. Is that one??

No, just trying to stay warm. Not much later a couple fawns did show up to the south in the white covered hay field. With in about 15 minutes from dark i pick up a movement to the Northeast coming across the slough(pic with bow in it). They make there way in my direction and i loose site of them at about 80 yards behind a bunch of cedars. I patiently waitfor them to make there next appearance. From where i last saw them, they should have crested the ridge at about 75 yards, but that never happens. At this point it is 'deadly silent' and they show up about 7 yards and i can't move. They now are all witin 7 to about 15 yards standing on the ridge scanning the grazin' land for any dangers. At this point i must makea move or it is gonna be a bust. I have the biggest doe at 10 paces and she has no idea that i am up there. I start to draw and with the temps heading for depths below zero, the Mathews gives a little squeaker out as i come to full draw and catches attention of the deer. But...

It was to late. Drilled her right through the boiler room and she took off about 30 yards and she did a couple side steps and i knew her time was limited. By far the best blood trail ihave been onand my color blind dad said "I could trail this blood".

Here is the final picture of the ole girl. It was tough to get a good pic and the wife wasn't to excited to stand out in the sub temps.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Christmas Eve Doe

Very cool, love the views from your stand, nice setup!!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats! Nice pics.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:59 PM

Congrats, and cool pictures, the red arrow is an awful good sight isnt it.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Great pics! And Congrats on the X-Mas Eve doe harvest! Gotta love bow hunting in the snow!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

That was an awesome read along with great pics!! Congratulation's on the Christmas Eve Doe!!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kewl!!

Congrats!

Dan
Old 01-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the deer bud...those are some really nice pics as well
Old 01-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the late season Doe! Great pics

Quick Reply: Christmas Eve Doe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.