Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Get a load of this >

Get a load of this

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Get a load of this

Old 01-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Get a load of this

Sounds exactly like raising livestock to me. I'm totally against it.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

I don't see anything about releasing them into the wild. I think that would be illegal just about anywhere.
They wouldn't waste the $ to release them plus, it's illegal at least in PA but probably nation wide via diseases.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

those deer are breeder deer I think, they take the deer that are bred from those and send them to the wild
As most have said, this isn't to let them loose in the wild. No way, now how. Its big business pure and simple, these deer will be sold to the highest bidder on high fence ranches and preserves.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:26 AM

Wonder how much you'd be looking at to purchase some bred does from that outfit. I bet 10,000 per doe, there's no telling. Don't like it though.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

If some guy wanted to pay me $12,500 for my petdeer I would hold the apple to its lips while he shot it
Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

well i saw this website on TV and that is what they said they did, i think on the website they are called stocker deer this is what is says on the website...

Stocker Deer
We can help stock your ranch with some great bucks and does
Huntinman,
Those are stocked into HF ranches as the others said. Heck they have whole market in Texas based around FARMING deer. It's so common place that many Texans see nothing wrong with it. When you can raise deer and sell hunts at $3000 - $15,000, a lot of farmer/ranchers are finding there is something even more profitable and fun that cattle, and easier too!!! Hell, Deer are probably the #2 livestock in Texas.

Sounds exactly like raising livestock to me. I'm totally against it.
+1, don't tell them Texans that, you'll be in a fight for sure!!!!

J/K'ing for you Texans that hunt wild deer not farm animals!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 AM

well my friend owns his company out here in phx az with all kind of drugs for deer what they do they have a farm in texas and all they have in this farm is whitetail and muledeer bucks with the biggest racks you will never see in the wild what they do is get these bucks and feed so the have there racks grow big. thats when all these high fence ranches come down from the south and buy these bucks for there ranches thats how they get good geens in there fawn and have better chance of big rack your talking about over 200" bucks my friend has pics of these monster bucks
Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's the big deal? They raise deer, sell them to other high fence operations to use. Nobody bitches about breeding cows for size/shape/taste but when it is deer, then we all get revved up. People that hunt high fences want big deer, not an 83" PA 7 point. There is no way to get deer of that size without selective breeding, and that's what they specialize in.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

What's the big deal? They raise deer, sell them to other high fence operations to use. Nobody ****es about breeding cows for size/shape/taste but when it is deer, then we all get revved up. People that hunt high fences want big deer, not an 83" PA 7 point. There is no way to get deer of that size without selective breeding, and that's what they specialize in.
Well, their are deer of that size in the wild, but you have to hunt them and they are few and far between.

Cattle aren't hunted, at least that I know of. I guess as long as it doesn't affect me, but if it would change the whole way hunting in my neck of the woods is done then I would rage holy hell. I'm thinking Texas Trophy Hunters Association.....[:'(].
Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

I don't like the fact that they can send them to be cooped up and shot in high fenced hunting, they have no chance. I disagree with the way those outfitsconduct business.

Quick Reply: Get a load of this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.