Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ohio Doe, Down in the Snow! >

Ohio Doe, Down in the Snow!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio Doe, Down in the Snow!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ohio Doe, Down in the Snow!

You gotta love these cold temps and snow! It really gets these deer on bed to feed pattern, and that's where I got her tonight! I got set uparound 3:45 and by 4:15 Icaught movement from the west. It was sohard to get up and into position without making any noise due to the snow and ice that was all over my stand! I actually had to take the padding off of my seat and sit on the cold metal b/c of how loud he cushion was. Once in position, two fawns, andwhat looked like a 1.5 year old with no antlersappeared at 30yards and then the mature doe followed up the rear. I thought it was over a few different times, considering 4 setsof eyes werenow on me. Fortunatelythe wind was in my favor and this was the first time Ihad hunted this part of thefarm. So I'm sure they felt pretty comfortable where they were. Sheemerged from the brush and walked out in front of me at 25 yards, presenting a perfect broadside shot. I came to full draw and she had no clue I was anywhere in the world.I settled down, found my spot and released. Whack!!! a perfectdouble lung pass through with my 2-blade rage broadhead.Seeing that redcoveredarrow sticking in the ground up against the whitesnowwas a good feeling. 75 yards later and the work began!This is my 4th year in a row where Iarrowed a deer in January! I love the late season! Ohio has two more weekends until our seasonends. Not sure if I'm going out again, but thiswas definately a good night to end my season on!

By the time my help came to load her up, I had already put away my bow:-( So no pics with my PSE this time around. Nevertheless, I'm a happy guy tonight!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Ohio Doe, Down in the Snow!

Great doe. im looking to fill my last tag up here in nothern ohio in the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, congrats
Old 01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go!Congrats
Old 01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Banned

congrats!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking young doe, she'll be good eaten!! Late season kills make a guy feel pretty darn proud!! Congratulation's to you, great shot!!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sure does feel good to get it done in the late season, Congrats on a great kill!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats,good read
Old 01-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice doe! How cold is it out your way?

Shane
Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats.

Quick Reply: Ohio Doe, Down in the Snow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.