Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Drop-Away for Hoyts >

Best Drop-Away for Hoyts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Drop-Away for Hoyts

Old 01-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Drop-Away for Hoyts

i was going to get the QAD Ultra-Rest but it wont work because of the wrist guard being there and the string wont let the rest go down when you shoot it. So i was wondering what drop-aways work well with hoyts.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Spike

Default RE: Best Drop-Away for Hoyts

I have a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter on mine. Never failed me.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:40 AM

I love my limbdriver...after I get over the fact that it isn't full containment....if you aren't worried about full containment, I don't see how any drop away could outperform the limbdriver. There are plenty that work great though, I just like having nothing tied into my cables...probably doesn't hurt anything, just a mental thing...
Old 01-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Limb Driver

Although it is not full containment, I have never had an issue with the arrow falling off the rest. I just hook my index finger over the arrow when I am stalking and move it before shooting. The fact that the LD remains flat to the arrow shelf when not drawn makes this quite easy to do.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

i was kinda looking at something with full containment
Old 01-18-2009, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I love my limbdriver...after I get over the fact that it isn't full containment....if you aren't worried about full containment, I don't see how any drop away could outperform the limbdriver. There are plenty that work great though, I just like having nothing tied into my cables...probably doesn't hurt anything, just a mental thing...
I honestly think the Limb Driver is the best dropaway out there right now. I am still running a special on Ebay.

The new containment arms this year, which will be available very soon will make this rest even more attractive to Hunters.

Personally I've never had a problem with the rest as is, but I will test the new arm to see what I think of it.

Dan
Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Limbdriver on my Vectrix. It works exceptionally well. The containment thing has been a mental issue with me, but I have never had the containment thing be a problem, hunting or otherwise. The LD is an outstanding rest!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Trophy Taker Pronghorn on my Vectrix, great rest
Old 01-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wis_rifle_hunter

i was going to get the QAD Ultra-Rest but it wont work because of the wrist guard being there and the string wont let the rest go down when you shoot it. So i was wondering what drop-aways work well with hoyts.
I shoot a Kobaltwith a WBbecause I couldn't find afull containment drop away. Now thatI know that Limbdriver is coming out with the arms Iwill be looking for one.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

they have the limb drive at my pro shop for $53. god i wish i could use it

Quick Reply: Best Drop-Away for Hoyts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.