Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who do you respect the most? >

who do you respect the most?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who do you respect the most?

Old 01-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Spike

Default RE: who do you respect the most?

Without question, the Benoit family from Vermont (Larry, Lanny, Lane, Shane and Landon).

I don't think anyone works much harder then these guy'sand hastaken moretrophy class Whitetails.It's just too bad we don't have thehuge tracks of public land in this area to pursue the act of "Hunting" (to give chase, stalk, track, hunt, pursue, follow andtrail) the way they can up in Maine.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:35 AM

Well I can tell you that most of the names talked about here you would not want to get lost in the woods with. And I have!

To the guy that talked about the amount of effort and time it takes to produce a show, thanks! It does take time and effort to not only hunt but to film a hunt for TV. All programs take short cuts to get the final edit to look good on TV. ALL!

The ones that have there viewers thinking they go out and scout and hike in and track are the better ones at presenting their programs as such.

The ones that act the same off camera as they do on have my respect as a hunter....

Old 01-27-2009, 08:08 AM

Andrae D'Acquisto

He is in another universe compared to most of these guys when it comes to bowhunting mature whitetail deer.

Not sure if they still stand, but at one time the man had the #2 and #3 bow kill in Wisconsin. That's remarkable in and of itself, not to mention the other handful of B&C bucks he has killed.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Stan Potts
Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Spike

I would say mine is Fred Ehicler, Although Mark Kieser is an excellent whitetail hunter, and most of his hunts are DIY. And hes from my State.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Bobby Worthington

Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM

Michael Waddel for sure! His shows are defiantly the most entertaining and I think appeal to younger hunters like myself. Im talking around the 18-25 range. Everytime I meet a hunter around my age area and we start talking about professional hunters, his name always comes up.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of all bowhuntersthat make DVD's or have TVshows, by far, John Eberhart has impressed me the most with his knowledge and willingness to hunt the hardway, the way most huntersthat bowhunt can relate too and are forced to hunt.He takes on themost challenging circumstances, He does consistentlyon public or highly pressured private lands in Michigan of all states and he never uses the excuse that you can't hunt what isnt there. He kills big mature buckswhere most can't find a mature buck to kill. Anyone can kill big bucks on micromanaged lands that hold great buck numbers and superior genetics.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

Of all bowhuntersthat make DVD's or have TVshows, by far, John Eberhart has impressed me the most with his knowledge and willingness to hunt the hardway, the way most huntersthat bowhunt can relate too and are forced to hunt.He takes on themost challenging circumstances, He does consistentlyon public or highly pressured private lands in Michigan of all states and he never uses the excuse that you can't hunt what isnt there. He kills big mature buckswhere most can't find a mature buck to kill. Anyone can kill big bucks on micromanaged lands that hold great buck numbers and superior genetics.

While I don't know who I respect the most as a hunter.

I agree with Troy that both Eberharts are 2 of the best hunters anywhere. They have helped me considerably in thinking outside the box when deer hunting mature bucks anywhere I go.

And I go anywhere often.

Because of them.. I believe mature bucks exist everywhere.. even those pressured lands that suck. But they have taught me.. through reading.. how important timing is when hunting these specific deer.

Mad props to them from me too.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

I'm gonna add a new one to the bunch...and say Jimmy Sites with Spiritual Outdoor Adventures...I'll tell you why I respect him the most...his main mission in life is not hunting...its his duty to God, his mission outreach that uses hunting and fishing as a way of doing it is amazing. You can even ask him and he will tell you that serving God is the whole reason he does it...

Second, his show, though like many other hunting shows, big bucks, all over the world...its great..they are not afraid to show a doe harvest too.what I like is his honesty, I have seen many times when he misses and doesn't cover it up, he will show it...takes a big man to show that on camera...I dunno...just thought I would add my opinion

Quick Reply: who do you respect the most?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.