Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the biggest animal you ever missed? >

What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

Ok, I know we're all hardcore, great white hunters here, but lets here it for the animals this time. What is the biggest animal you ever missed?

Mine was a 150" + whitetail about 8 years ago. I had the perfect pre-rut morning. Light wind, 30 degrees with a touch of frost. I decided to rattle that morning. All of a sudden, I hear something crashing up through the woods behind me. I turn and see an enormous buck walking stiff legged straight at me. He came in, thrashed a couple of bushes around and then walked by me at 25 yards.....broadside. I drew the bow and proceeded to send an arrow right under his chest into the ground. He bolted and stopped 100 yards away and turned around as if to flip me off.

That buck will never leave my memory.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

You probably mean only bowhunting-wise..., but I missed a 130 inch buck with a shotgun when I was a kid. I'll be remembering that one till I'm dead and in the ground.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 PM

I have only missed two big bucks in my life...none with the bow oddly enough.. I killed the biggest buck I have ever shot at with a bow which is a 120" 8 pt. I did miss a big buck with a shotgun when I was 14. he was probably went 130.. several yrs later I shot a nice 8 pt about 140 ish...shot him 3 times with the shotgun 1 buckshot and never dropped him.. hit him all 3 times and trailed his blood for sometime but never found him.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every buck I have every flung an arrow at I have found, I hope this doesnt give me bad karma in 09. Now I have seen some monsters walking out of the woods and if I would of had a gun it may have been a different story. IN 07 my brother in law and I were driving in the morning two hours before sun up and we saw a monster hung up between two fences that was a shooter. It was a weird set up, he entered the opening of the fence and the more he went in there the smaller it got between the two fences. He was traped in no more than a ten yard area. In order for him to get out is.....he needed tokeep going about 80 more yards or head back the way he came. Trust me it was hard to do the right thing!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I missed the second biggest buck that I've ever seenthis pastNov in Alberta. He was in the neighborhood of 150" plus!He was out about 33yrds, and I shot low.[:@][&o]
Old 01-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

This was my first year hunting and I didn't end up getting anything with my bow but I missed a nice 6 point. Not sure what he would have scored, not to good at telling that yet.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

I missed a beautiful 7 point when i first started archery. [:@]It had alot of mass too.[]
Old 01-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say a 100-110 inch 8 pointer the first year I started bow hunting........I was so transfixed on his antlers that I literally glanced him in his neck...was only a flesh wound and he was gone in a flash.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed a 280" + bulle elk at 57 yards. Damn 3 blade rage[:@]
Old 01-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well let's see, I'm one for one on bull elk, that's certainly the largest animal I've shot at. I'm one for one on bear, 2 for 5 on spring gobblers, 0 for 3 on fall turkeys and then that brings us to whitetails. Ugggh, whitetails are the biggest animals I've missed. I can't begin to count them as my early years were a tremendous learning experience.

Quick Reply: What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.