Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got my turkey & picture! >

Got my turkey & picture!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my turkey & picture!

Old 04-13-2003, 06:20 PM
CG

Default Got my turkey & picture!

Well, I went out yesterday and spent about 3 hours trying to find ANY turkeys....as I was just about to give up the hunt, I spotted a group of young toms travelling alongside a diversion ditch....well, I jumped in the ditch and sprinted to catch them....when I got where I thought they were, I used my diaphram call to cluck and stop them( I didn' t need to call them in since they were only about 20 feet away)....I peaked over the bank to make sure they all had beards, which they did and decided that the closest turkey was the lucky candidate...I squatted down, drew my bow, clucked one more time to make sure that they were stopped, stood up and put an arrow through the closest bird. Now, I have my bow set-up for elk and am shooting a 445 grain arrow out of a 75# bow. Needless to say, I have no idea where the arrow went after it went through the turkey...I know I should have turned it down ( I' ve taken several turkeys w/ my bow so I can' t claim ignorance) but I am getting used to this new bow and wanted to use it the same way I will use it this fall. Anyway, the turkey ran off and to make a long story short, I ended up swimming the North Platte River, running about a mile ( the turkey I shot only went about 40 yards but I thought he was with the group still and ran the mile and swam the river before I relized he was dead) and got my turkey. Set-up was a PSE Avenger, GoldTip BigGame 100 shafts, Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest, Silvertip Mech. BH (Had some laying around and will NEVER use them on big game ever again so they got turkey duty) Carter Fat Boy release. This is the first time I have hunted w/ the Trophy Taker and the Impact Cosmic Sight.....Both worked flawlessly....The Impact sight is BY FAR the brightest sight I have ever used.

Old 04-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Got my turkey & picture!

NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK... I can see it now. Bowhunter dies of hypothermia after swimming the North Platte and running the marathon.
You really got to learn to resize those photos at about 600 pixels by whatever
so they' ll fit on one page.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Nice work, CG
The season here in I daho opens on the 15th, you can bet I' ll be out there.
Can' t wait to just be able to get out and hike around.
elknut1
Old 04-13-2003, 07:07 PM
CG

Yeah I know but I have no idea how to do it...I was lucky I figured out how to load it!!
Old 04-13-2003, 09:29 PM

nice bird,congrats.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your bird. I had to miss opening morning here, but I will hit it next weekend.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the bird there CG and that is a beautiful pic. I hope to be as lucky.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:00 AM
Spike

Nice Bird, Congrats!
Old 04-15-2003, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on your bow turkey!
Old 04-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bird!

Quick Reply: Got my turkey & picture!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.