Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 best broadheads...? >

best broadheads...?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best broadheads...?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:06 AM

Default best broadheads...?

i like muzzys-cant beat em for the price...

but rage braodheads are intriguing to me as well, what does everyone else think
Old 01-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best broadheads...?

i really like magnus stingers, deadly accurate and you get pass thru's most of the time... the only problem i have with the rage is penetration issues, you have to have some serious KE to get pass thrus
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Spike

Shuttle T-locks by tightpoint.! Fly Absolutly amazing and are a tough as nails!! Very hard to break these heads. Great penatration!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot muzzy for 20 years, dont see a need in changing. If a broahead does what you want it to do, why change. When I first started bowhunting many years ago there were very few broadheads on the market. Bear razorheads and magnus were the mainstay. I remember when they came out with the satellite broadheads. I started using them they had a couple of bad faults to them. One they didnt fly all that great and second the blades had a bad habit of coming off inside the deer. I remember finding several arrows after passing thru a deer and there would be 1 blade left or none, if you were lucky enough to even find it. Had to be very careful when cleaning a deer not to cut yourself. Been many improvements in broadhead tech in the last 30 years.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I've been using Crimson Talons Ever since I have been bow hunting I can't complain with them.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

A sharp one
Old 01-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only way this question could have been worse was if you asked what the best bow is.

To answer (or attempt to), I will start by saying this is a very opinion based question and opinions are like butt holes, we all have one and they all stink.

With that being said, I shot Rages this year; the cutting diameter drew me in. I had no problems this year at all, in fact all the deer I killed with my bow (9) were all pass thrus with one exception. I still cannot explain why that one did not, but the fact is it did not blow thru and in fact the penetration was extremely poor.

I am going back to a fixed blade head this year, something with a cut-on-contact design. I am leaning towards the G5 Montecs, I like the one piece design and they are extremely sharp. I also like the Slick Tricks as well as the Shuttle T's.

What I suggest is, shoot a few different broadheads and find one that you have the most confidence in. Then you would have found the best broadhead for you.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Shuttle T's.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is no “best” broadhead. But there many that will get the job done in a varied set of circumstances.
Some are tougher built, some less likely affected by tuning issues. Some come scary sharp, others are able to be returned to sharp over & over.
A long time fan of thunderheads, I would not feel any less confident with magnus stingers, slick tricks, muzzys, or montecs on the tip of my arrows. That said I will keep plugging away with my thunderheads for the majority of my hunting needs. They’ve never given me a reason to doubt them.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:41 PM
dnm

I also shoot Muzzy 3 blades

Quick Reply: best broadheads...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.